Collapse
No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they most certainly were.... I had Ortiz up but knew what would eventually happen when he got tired....

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Been telling people this for a while, the US is.probably the most corrupt place for boxing now. Always makes me laugh when the yanks start saying about UK hometown decisions , some of the ones they've churned out over the years have been atrocious and they are getting worse.
      not only for boxing... its corrupt on every level

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself
        Pretty much this. I had Ortiz slightly ahead but it was close. I'm not buying this nonsense that Ortiz was outboxing and dominating Wilder the whole fight outside of the knockdowns. There were a lot of rounds that could go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I see your point.

You are the rule hound so I trust your understanding. My understanding is that regardless of whether a fighter slips, tangles, flies by an act of God... If a punch touches a fighter and the fighter falls the punch caused the knockdown. In that sequence it is obvious Ortiz got hit with a jab, so... a ref would have to assume the punch caused the knockdown.

Is that correct? or does the ref have the discetion to say the punch even though it landed clean and the fighter fell, was caused by a slip? Either way that punch IMO caused the fall. But I don't know if one could call that a 10-8 round.

Thoughts?
          A knockdown is an 10-8 round. It's not debatable unless the fighter who scored the knockdown was thoroughly dominated outside of the knockdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
            and who do you think haymonwanted to win between his "two" fighters........... exactly wilder so dont try to split hairs and look smart because you just end up looking stupid and shows you dksab
            He may have had a preference, but there's still a lot less incentive to interfere when you control both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I had it 6-3 Ortiz but could easily see it 7-2. Also I would have scored the 7th as a 10-8 round.

lol exactly
              all 3 judges also scored the 7th round 10-8.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                all 3 judges also scored the 7th round 10-8.
                As they should. Even the 8th was close to a 10-8 but i gave it 10-9 because Wilder recovered his legs and fought back...a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  As they should. Even the 8th was close to a 10-8 but i gave it 10-9 because Wilder recovered his legs and fought back...a little.
                  it was a one sided round...but for me, a fighter needs to be out on his feet or take a massive beating to lose a round 10-8 without being knocked down.

Comment

Working...
                  X