Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman FOX PPV generated in the neighborhood of 500K buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the number was closer to 600,000 buys.

Comment

500K just doesn't feel like enough to me. Then again, Pacquiao hasn't been a PPV attraction for ages. Before the Mayweather PPV, his last fight that broke 1M was Marquez IV, 7 years ago. In fact, in the 7 years since the Marquez KO loss, this is Pacquiao's third highest-selling PPV after Mayweather 4.6M and Bradley II 800K. So I guess that means this is a good number, but I feel like 'Pacquiao vs. undefeated, prime WW' should fetch 750K buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        500K just doesn't feel like enough to me. Then again, Pacquiao hasn't been a PPV attraction for ages. Before the Mayweather PPV, his last fight that broke 1M was Marquez IV, 7 years ago. In fact, in the 7 years since the Marquez KO loss, this is Pacquiao's third highest-selling PPV after Mayweather 4.6M and Bradley II 800K. So I guess that means this is a good number, but I feel like 'Pacquiao vs. undefeated, prime WW' should fetch 750K buys.
        Dog pacquiao is past his prime with several losses, not even a 35 year old mike tyson after the lennox fight was doing these numbers. I think tysons last few ppvs were 100k each or something really low.

Also floyds fight with andre berto did anywhere from 400 to 600 k buys thats a huge drop from 4 million buys, the weigh in was empty compared to other weigh ins and the mgm had a lot of empty seats for that fight and he never lost just beat pacman the biggest fight of his career if you are coming off your biggest win and the cash cow in what you say is your last fight you should do at least two million buys dont you think?

Id say these are great numbers for pacman if you look at it.

Comment

Did PBC lose money again like the Broner PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            but I feel like 'Pacquiao vs. undefeated, prime WW' should fetch 750K buys.
            It would've pretty easily 5 or so years ago.

But even though Pacquiao has name pedigree, most people (casuals) I talked to leading up to the fight, their reaction was almost universal in the sense that the first thing they'd mention is his age, and be like "ain't he old as f**k?" or "how old is he now 50??"

I think a lot of potential buyers passed on it for that reason alone.

Comment

Working...
            X