No announcement yet.

Folks, that's how you over marinate a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, that's how you over marinate a fight

After Chilemba vs. Kovalev and Ward vs. Brand I'm less excited to see the fight than I was back in March after Kovalev vs. Pascal and Ward vs. Sully B. This build up had the opposite effect on me. Roc Nation is trash. HBO is trash. If ya'll can't afford to put on good fights ya'll really need to get out the game. Being a boxing fan is already expensive and ya'll trying to fleece us with these PPV's and subscription to watch sub par fights. I'll be streaming Ward vs. Kovalev and You get no more money out of me this year

This sums it up:

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    I believe the fight took a huge hit in terms of buys. It's still significant fight. But it's not as big of an event now imo.

First off neither Kovalev or Ward looked great in their last bout. Kovalev was sloppy and wild and Ward couldn't finish a 40 year old and stunk up the joint.

Secondly, the promotion following the Ward's victory was some of the worst I've ever seen. They bring in Kovalev at the end of the fight and they pretty much showed respect and gave one line answers. The crowd wasn't really too thrilled. They need a Fury-Wilder moment or something close to that and they didn't get it. That's both of their fault.

Now we're finding out that the PPV will be sandwiched between Pacquiao's PPV and Cotto's. The Cotto PPV doesn't matter, but the Pacquiao one does. Especially if they load up the card. That fight is two weeks before the Kovalev fight.

They had to give fans a reason to buy the PPV and they didn't. I'd argue that they gave them a good reason to stream the fight.

Total disaster from top to bottom.
    More excited than ever
    16.36%
    Less excited than before
    36.36%
    About the same level of excitement
    47.27%
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 08-07-2016, 12:38 AM.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    After Chilemba vs. Kovalev and Ward vs. Brand I'm less excited to see the fight than I was back in March after Kovalev vs. Pascal and Ward vs. Sully B. This build up had the opposite effect on me. Roc Nation is trash. HBO is trash. If ya'll can't afford to put on good fights ya'll really need to get out the game. Being a boxing fan is already expensive and ya'll trying to fleece us with these PPV's and subscription to watch sub par fights. I'll be streaming Ward vs. Kovalev and You get no more money out of me this year
    I'm with you the match up itself is good but it could be a snoozer. I'm sure the undercard is going to suck ass as well.

Comment

Don't know how Ward and his team can think that the brand fight somehow elevated ward's stock..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Don't know how Ward and his team can think that the brand fight somehow elevated ward's stock..
        It didn't. It made it even worse. Ward gets a lot of **** but tonight he deserves everything he gets. That was horrible. Ward, Roc Nation and HBO should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          I'm with you the match up itself is good but it could be a snoozer. I'm sure the undercard is going to suck ass as well.
          Of course the undercard will suck. Will be filled with Roc and Main Event fighters ... which are who else by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Elevated his stock? He already has the biggest fight of his career signed.

Comment

Ward-Killa Kov gone do 1 million buys. EASY. Mark my words.

Comment

How?

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I'm gone buy it 5 times

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    I think it's a sleeper fight that more media will gravitate towards as we get closer to November.

Comment

Working...
                    X