Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched some Andre Ward fights & thank god he retired!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
    Joe Calzaghe would've hit him 3-4 times every time he tried to clinch

and Sven Ottke would've annihilated him by decision (in Germany ofc)
    Instead of śn1ggèr change your name to bracker or sincest

Comment

Love the fact some are still hurting over Ward. Olympic Gold/WC in two weight divisions/Undefeated yet still the haters try to pick apart his career.

Comment

It's a funny one with Ward. I think most people can relate to a technically or physically limited fighter using rough tactics (within certain limits). The fact that Ward was none of those is what leads to my frustration with him; he was a skillful and intelligent fighter who didn't need to fight dirty, he simply chose to.
        The second Kovalev fight sums it up. He lands a great right hand, all we need now is a conclusive finish; Ward batters him around the balls. Why? I also didn't like the Chad Dawson episode where he clearly drained him down.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          By making him blind. Explain why Ward rejected a career high payday for a rematch against Kessler in Copenhagen.
          Explain? What like the business reasons?

He would have whipped Kessler at will. ANYTIME.

Guess Kessler was too irrelevant, mf'er..

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Explain? What like the business reasons?

He would have whipped Kessler at will. ANYTIME.

Guess Kessler was too irrelevant, mf'er..
            That's why Ward only fought at home where he could headbutt his way to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              That's why Ward only fought at home where he could headbutt his way to victory.
              Where did Ward fight Kovalev and Froch? Fights that just happen to be the biggest of his career

Oh yeah, I guess he won that gold medal in Oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Where did Ward fight Kovalev and Froch? Fights that just happen to be the biggest of his career

Oh yeah, I guess he won that gold medal in Oakland
                Still in his home country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
                  It's a funny one with Ward. I think most people can relate to a technically or physically limited fighter using rough tactics (within certain limits). The fact that Ward was none of those is what leads to my frustration with him; he was a skillful and intelligent fighter who didn't need to fight dirty, he simply chose to.
                  The second Kovalev fight sums it up. He lands a great right hand, all we need now is a conclusive finish; Ward batters him around the balls. Why? I also didn't like the Chad Dawson episode where he clearly drained him down.
                  He doesn't need to do those things but he does them. If he gets into jam he resorts to the dirty stuff. The Kessler fight was absolutely disgusting and he got away with it. Reminded me of Andrew Golotta except Golotta was nuts and Andre isn't. Then there is the phoney moniker SOG. The SOG fires off low blows and deals out headbutts. Come on what a load of BS..

Comment

Working...
                  X