Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose "boxing stocks" went up after the fight last saturday. Ward or KOV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately Wards stock went down. Really through no fault of his own, but when a fighter is given a gist decision when the preponderance of observers have it going the other way by a healthy margin, somehow it's held against the boxer who got the gift rather than the judges who were either complicit or incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      I have to disagree I think whyte is going to knock chisora out who is a real Hw, little Ward has the frame of a 160 pounder really, his chin would never hold up to any solid shot from a 230 plus guy based on his last fight I saw..
      Both are garbage, Ward would beat both.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
        Kovalev mentally wilted when his punches could not slow his opponent. He could not raise the tempo without losing rounds by larger margins, beaten to the punches and out thought.

Kovalev has reached his ceiling.

Agreed on that. Kov won this one due to a good first half of the fight but I see him losing decisively in the rematch.

I think that Ward's decision to fight cab drivers for the last 5 years really bit him for the first 6 rounds, Kov had 12 fights in the last 5 years and against much better competition. Ward hadnt been in with an A level guy in 5 years. I think that if Ward was active and facing the top guys he would have done much better in the first 6. Kov was landing clean on him, Ward was showing his ring rust defensively.

Comment

I have to say neither. As both were unable to impose their wills on the other. Kovalev didn't dominate or beat up Ward and Ward didn't dominate or beat up Kovalev.

Aside, from Andre Ward getting off the canvas and surviving that second round KD, it was a very evenly skilled and tactical match; A virtual stalemate that could have been scored either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Ward's stock definetly went down IMO. Getting wobbled by jabs, getting put in the 2nd, desperetly holding and lifting opponents leg... all while fresh

Some people had him almost on Floyd's level - can you even imagine Floyd doing those things? remember mosley fight.. that's the difference. Andre is great but not all time great.

I think degale gives ward all he can handle as james is just as crafty inside ans ward depends too much on physically imposing himself on opponents chest.
            He ate a stiff jab while moving directly down to hit the body. That was probably one of the hardest jabs in his entire career. He's above Floyd. He's fought better competition when they were relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              I have to say neither. As both were unable to impose their wills on the other. Kovalev didn't dominate or beat up Ward and Ward didn't dominate or beat up Kovalev.

Aside, from Andre Ward getting off the canvas and surviving that second round KD, it was a very evenly skilled and tactical match; A virtual stalemate that could have been scored either way.
              Yep the knockdown sealed the fight for kovalev no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                Yep the knockdown sealed the fight for kovalev no doubt
                No, you are not wrong for making that argument as a lot of fight fans saw it the same way as you.

However, on the flip side, I can understand those who make the argument that Ward didn't lose the fight and they aren't wrong either.

Comment

And the new!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    And the new!!!!
                    you really think that bothers me. LOL.

stop projecting. you look weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                      you really think that bothers me. LOL.

stop projecting. you look weak.
                      114-113, 114-113, 114-113