Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K2 better hope HBO pays for the Jacobs fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will and should be ppv because it's a fight between the 2 best MWs in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
      I don't get why this is on pay per view, GGG should $1.5. Jacobs $900K
      Who says it will be on pay for view? It probably won't be. My guess is GGG will get 2 million and Jacobs will get 1.5 million. What matters most is that this fight happens. GGG haters have been b*tching about him not fighting a guy who is considered the best in the world and a real threat. Jacobs is as good as they come and a serious threat to anyone who shares a ring with him. Nobody in their right mind should complain about GGG fighting Jacob.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Who says it will be on pay for view? It probably won't be. My guess is GGG will get 2 million and Jacobs will get 1.5 million. What matters most is that this fight happens. GGG haters have been b*tching about him not fighting a guy who is considered the best in the world and a real threat. Jacobs is as good as they come and a serious threat to anyone who shares a ring with him. Nobody in their right mind should complain about GGG fighting Jacob.
        From what they've been saying is HBO can afford more than that since Canelo is injured and they money they would have paid him for a December fight can now go elsewhere. Jacobs can probably get over $2m and Golovkin whatever, so this fight will likely go down as long as Jacobs doesn't demand something crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          They have television in Kazakhstan?
          They actually don't, they have someone who listens by way of radio and then draws the action in the dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Or look at it this way. Jacobs is more known than Lemieux. GGG has increased his profile since the Lemieux fight. If they really feel they deserve a 60/40 split this would be the time to prove it with a PPV. Wouldn't you agree? I think they'd sell 175-225k with a Jacobs PPV.
            If I'm being optimistic, sure, I guess it could do that much but I don't see Jacobs as being much more well known than Lemieux.

He's not getting 60-40 no matter what, they better be happy with 70-30 and take the fight..

Comment

If HBO can't sell GGG vs Jacobs they need to get out of the boxing business. Jacobs is a good dude with a sellable life story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                If HBO can't sell GGG vs Jacobs they need to get out of the boxing business. Jacobs is a good dude with a sellable life story.
                I agree he seems like a good guy but for some reason that hasn't meant anything for his popularity...

Comment

Or look at it this way. Jacobs is more known than Lemieux. GGG has increased his profile since the Lemieux fight. If they really feel they deserve a 60/40 split this would be the time to prove it with a PPV. Wouldn't you agree? I think they'd sell 175-225k with a Jacobs PPV.
                  Lemeiux IMO is more known in Canada than Jacobs is in US/NY.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Lemeiux IMO is more known in Canada than Jacobs is in US/NY.
                    Canada has a population of what, 30 mil? He's more known in Quebec where he fights but not the whole of Canada. Before his fight with GGG he had fought on FS2, not even FS1. That purse bid with N'dam was won for $102k. The GGG fight only did 150k. The Canelo vs. Khan fight did 460k and Lemieux as on the undercard. Jacobs last fight on Spike TV did better than the two PPV's he's been on and the FS2 card he was on.

Comment

Canada has a population of what, 30 mil? He's more known in Quebec where he fights but not the whole of Canada. Before his fight with GGG he had fought on FS2, not even FS1. That purse bid with N'dam was won for $102k. The GGG fight only did 150k. The Canelo vs. Khan fight did 460k and Lemieux as on the undercard. Jacobs last fight on Spike TV did better than the two PPV's he's been on and the FS2 card he was on.
                      Wtf is FS2? I've never even heard of such channel.

Comment

Working...
                      X