No announcement yet.

Why doesnt Lara try to unify 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt Lara try to unify 154?

If hes that good, why doesnt he fight Andrade or the Charlos?

I think this is one of the divisions where Haymon is kinda giving guys info that would led them to avoiding Lara. I mean who wants to fight Lara any f#cking way?

I love what Haymon is trying to do with PBC, but 154 is LOADED with guys at the top affiliated with PBC & there hasn't really been a big PBC 154 yet (I think Charlo vs a 40 something Bundrage might be the biggest fight so far & Lara has been fighting stumblebums ffs). That suggests to me Haymon might have designs on a Charlo brothers, Julian Williams + Lara monopoly on 154 belts before any of these mfers fight or something like that anyway.

Something for sure is rotten in Denmark @ 154 with PBC doe. We are 9 months into PBC. I think Haymon has 7 or 8 of the op 10-12 fighters locked up & yet none are fighting each other. And we've seen 3 or 4 good fights @ 147 where Haymon also gots most of the top ten locked up.

Looking at the abc rankings, PBC gots the WBA & IBF locked up with the champions & about half of the top 15 with Haymon. The WBC is vacant, but Haymon gots 7 of the top 10 guys with Jermell being #1 so he's probably gonna have two Charlo's & Lara being champions soon. The WBO is Top Rank's belt so only 2 Haymon guys are ranked in the top 15 there (Trout & Vanes). Maybe at that point we see something going down idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think this is one of the divisions where Haymon is kinda giving guys info that would led them to avoiding Lara. I mean who wants to fight Lara any f#cking way?

I love what Haymon is trying to do with PBC, but 154 is LOADED with guys at the top affiliated with PBC & there hasn't really been a big PBC 154 yet (I think Charlo vs a 40 something Bundrage might be the biggest fight so far & Lara has been fighting stumblebums ffs). That suggests to me Haymon might have designs on a Charlo brothers, Julian Williams + Lara monopoly on 154 belts before any of these mfers fight or something like that anyway.

Something for sure is rotten in Denmark @ 154 with PBC doe. We are 9 months into PBC. I think Haymon has 7 or 8 of the op 10-12 fighters locked up & yet none are fighting each other. And we've seen 3 or 4 good fights @ 147 where Haymon also gots most of the top ten locked up.

Looking at the abc rankings, PBC gots the WBA & IBF locked up with the champions & about half of the top 15 with Haymon. The WBC is vacant, but Haymon gots 7 of the top 10 guys with Jermell being #1 so he's probably gonna have two Charlo's & Lara being champions soon. The WBO is Top Rank's belt so only 2 Haymon guys are ranked in the top 15 there (Trout & Vanes). Maybe at that point we see something going down idk.
      What up Panda? As always a thorough well written response from u... I noticed Haymon basically owns 154 too thats y i thought 154 would be easy to unify but i think u r right about Haymon not wanting his other guys near Lara bcuz win or lose it wont be pretty. My only beef is Lara calls out everyone but pbc fighters, im sure if he made some noise for other fights besides ggg & a canelo rematch hed get a fight. Laras good but not invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        What up Panda? As always a thorough well written response from u... I noticed Haymon basically owns 154 too thats y i thought 154 would be easy to unify but i think u r right about Haymon not wanting his other guys near Lara bcuz win or lose it wont be pretty. My only beef is Lara calls out everyone but pbc fighters, im sure if he made some noise for other fights besides ggg & a canelo rematch hed get a fight. Laras good but not invincible.
        Thanks & solid point. Lara should be calling out the Charlo's all day on twitter you're right. And Williams & Nelson. All those would be fun fights to see go down. Any combo of those 5 guys fighting I think is a interesting fight that I think most fans would love to see.

With Lara calling out everyone except PBC guys maybe there is some collusion going on there to stretch things out further for whatever reason idk. But surely these guys (Lara, the Charlo's, Williams & Nelson) need to be fighting each other early next year one would think.

And the 154 landscape is just one more reason I wish PBC had a mouthpiece that would say what exactly is going on in that division & what we can expect next or in the near future.

Comment

lara and jermall charlo are trained by ronnie shields, jermell just left so that could be possible.

Comment

al haymon is your answer ...

Comment

because its easier to call out guys you have no chance of fighting and then fight scrubs for 650k or more......

Comment

He wants to but the ****ing WBA won't strip Mayweather and elevate him to champion.

Comment

Everytime I scroll past this thread I keep reading "why doesn't Larry try to unify 154?"

Comment

That would his best bet to unify the division.
                    He will get ducked by everyone (for the most part), not because he is unbeatable, but because the fight will probably suck.
                    Hard to look good against him and he isn't very popular (only hard core fans know him).
                    He will be avoided, like Winky Wright was years ago. Winky had too much baggage (like Lara now).
                    If I remember right, Winky managed his own career and was hard to deal with.
                    Lara would always have fights, if he won the belts. He could just fight the mando, no one could duck him.

Comment

Working...
                    X