Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Cotto gets 3rd division title...........is he a sure bet for HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Cotto gets 3rd division title...........is he a sure bet for HOF?

plus the oppositions he had fought.............i think he does.........
    yes...............
    78.72%
    .................no
    21.28%

no..winning 3 vacant titles in 2 divisions and beating yuri foreman doesnt get you into the hall of fame..i respect cotto but he hasnt done enough

best victories

mosley
    quintana
    judah
    torres

not hall of fame worthy imo

Comment

Its possible. I think the Mosley win really puts him in the position to be a HoF fighter because Mosley was one himself, and he wasn't completely washed up.

I mean if Marquez can become a Hall of Famer by beating Juarez, Diaz, an old Casamayor, Barrera (barely) and with two controversial fights with Pac (which is an impressive resume), then Cotto certainly can.
      Last edited by BoxerDood; 06-04-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

For sure. He has only lost to Pac (and pretty much everyone has) and to Marg, which is in question. He has beat Mosley and Judah (edit: and Clottey), and beating Foreman would be a big win for him. I consider the man a hall of famer right now. He has fought the best guys and lots of men in history have losses and still made it in. It means they actually fought somebody.

Comment

negative, he is nowhere near hof yet winning all vacant titles and losing every big fight doesnt get you in.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
            no..winning 3 vacant titles in 2 divisions and beating yuri foreman doesnt get you into the hall of fame..i respect cotto but he hasnt done enough

best victories

mosley
            quintana
            judah
            torres

I hate the vacant title Bull****. Is it his fault clottey had to dump his? Also you give credit to floyd for throwing the belts away yet you count bull**** belts to get in to the hall of fame? By the time his career ends he will be in the hall

Comment

Sucks that a great throwback fighter is being doubted to becoming a HOF.

Cotto is x10 the better man and has more balls than Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                I hate the vacant title Bull****. Is it his fault clottey had to dump his? Also you give credit to floyd for throwing the belts away yet you count bull**** belts to get in to the hall of fame? By the time his career ends he will be in the hall
                WHAT ARE COTTOS BEST WIN IN YOUR OPINION??COTTOS A HELL OF A FIGHTER BUT HE JUST HASNT DONE ENOUGH MAN...and yea floyd threw his belts away..after he beat a champion for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice† View Post
                  Sucks that a great throwback fighter is being doubted to becoming a HOF.

Cotto is x10 the better man and has more balls than Mayweather or Pacquiao.
                  how is he a better man???how does he have more balls??

manny went up 7 divisions and kicked his ass

floyd went up 5

cotto is rumored to snort coke and drink alot..manny nor floyd drink or do drugs...just saying you make no sense

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post

best victories

mosley
                    quintana
                    judah
                    torres

with all the politics in boxing...........beating a not so old shane, corley, and * close loss against marg does.................

Comment

Working...
                    X