No announcement yet.

In the end, Margarito would have still beaten Cotto on July 26 08

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    cotto said that in the heat of battle he didn't feel the plaster, so he backed up because of the pressure that margo put on him, not because margo was hitting him hard.

regardless, cotto fought the wrong fight, but that said, its possible cotto could've still won if margo didn't use plaster, although there is no proof that he did, but a strong probability that he did.
    Stupid post, learn how to read properly and the maybe your **** arguments might have some validity to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      cotto said that in the heat of battle he didn't feel the plaster, so he backed up because of the pressure that margo put on him, not because margo was hitting him hard.

regardless, cotto fought the wrong fight, but that said, its possible cotto could've still won if margo didn't use plaster, although there is no proof that he did, but a strong probability that he did.
      dumbass a fighter once replied to larry merchant "knocked out? I wasn't even knocked down" when merchant told him he had just lost by KTFO ...don't trust everything a fighter thinks or says in the 'heat of battle'.
      cotto was having his brains addled by CEMENT and he's a warrior so ofcourse he's not gonna know exactly wtf was happening 'in the heat of battle' as you say

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
        Do i think he used loaded wraps for that fight? Yes. There should not be a loss on Cottos record.

but there are facts...

Margarito did not have plaster on his chin. He ate Cottos best shots that allowed him to keep applying pressure through out the fight.

Wraps dont give you super powers that magically guide your arms to the target, the punches that Margarito landed, were landed by him. And he was ahead on 2 score cards because of that. He still landed a **** load of punches for points with the judges because of his work rate.

In the end, Cotto still succumbed to Margaritos pressure. He didnt quit because his face was swollen, he quit because he was exhausted from throwing upward punches at a 5 foot 11 guy through 11 rounds that wasnt reacting to the many punches he threw.
        if margo cant hurt him witout cheating then wuts makes u say that cuz margo was the 1 eatin all the punches & witout hurtin Cotto it wuld of been a descion 4 Cotto...duh.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
          Stupid post, learn how to read properly and the maybe your **** arguments might have some validity to them.
          Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
          dumbass a fighter once replied to larry merchant "knocked out? I wasn't even knocked down" when merchant told him he had just lost by KTFO ...don't trust everything a fighter thinks or says in the 'heat of battle'.
          cotto was having his brains addled by CEMENT and he's a warrior so ofcourse he's not gonna know exactly wtf was happening 'in the heat of battle' as you say
          i'm just taking what cotto said literally...

the fact that cotto didn't feel the punches means that he was backing up because of the pressure, not because of the fact that margo's punches were affecting him

Comment

i doubt thats cottos blood on those wraps b/c the blood wouldve been on more than just that lil corner.

but this does prove that those wraps were used in that fight. i bet if they wouldve used a fresh pair of wraps they wouldve gotten caught. the blood stain was a red flag. it drew attention to his hands.

Comment

Working...
            X