No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers estimated punching power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
    Until you get your head straight about what a Cruiserweight actually is, nobody is going to take you seriously and you're just going to come across as an ignorant troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      In other words you're admitting you're here to troll the History Section. Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

In other words you're admitting you're here to troll the History Section. Thank you for proving my point.
        Nah. Some things are just too stupid to debate properly.

Top end CWs are 210 on fight night.

Shavers was 210 on fight night. Cruiserweight.

Not much more to say on that topic.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape anyway? I'm saying he's a very hard punching cruiserweight, possibly the hardest ever. That's praise, in case you hadn't noticed.

Comment

Nah. Some things are just too stupid to debate properly.

Top end CWs are 210 on fight night.

Shavers was 210 on fight night. Cruiserweight.

Not much more to say on that topic.
          You're getting it backwards, Gilligan. If they're 210 on fight night then they aren't Cruiserweights, they're Heavyweights.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape anyway? I'm saying he's a very hard punching cruiserweight, possibly the hardest ever. That's praise, in case you hadn't noticed.
          Calling a Heavyweight "the hardest punching Cruiserweight" is like saying someone is "the smartest 'tard in the Special Ed class". And you damn well know it. The fact that you keep pushing the Cruiserweight label in every post you make in this thread makes it pretty clear your agenda is to troll.
          Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 09-10-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I would favor opponents testimony over lab tests. Many of Shavers opponents professed that he hit them the hardest. Here are a few:

·Larry Holmes: "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis."

·Tex Cobb: "Earnie could punch you in the neck with his right hand and break your ankle."

·Muhammad Ali: "Earnie hit me so hard, he shook my kinfolk back in Africa"

·Ron Lyle: "Hey man, that's the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. And George Foreman could punch, but none of them could hit like Earnie Shavers did. When he hit you, the lights went out. I can laugh about it now, but at the time,it wasn't funny."

·Ron Lyle: "Hardest he's ever been hit: Earnie Shavers. The ground came up and met me. That's all I remember."

·James "Quick" Tillis: "Shavers hit so hard he turned horse p*ss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe." "No doubtThe baddest mf'er I fought was Earnie Shavers. That mf'er can make July into June and made me jump over the mf'n moon. He hit me so hard, I thought I was on the corner smoking cigarette and eating a spam sandwich. That's how hard that mf'er hit."
            I've always found it interesting how the guys who fought him and George Immediately say Acorn hits harder. They don't even
            need to think about it...

And going by these first hand accounts it sounds as if he had hallucination inducing punch power.
            That's a new one lol
            Jesus.....

One thing that always impressed me about this dude was he generated so much power and yet his hands move so damn slow. That practically defies the laws of physics..

Comment

He's not the strongest puncher of all time, but he's well in the mix where cruiserweights are concerned. Who'd you pick to punch harder at that weight?
              At cruiser ? Haye has a good enough argument . Shavers maybe hit harder IF they weighed the same as cruiser weight anything above 210 ? Well i rely on actual resumes and footage sotheres not one fight by either that tells me Shavers hit harder than a 220/230 Haye so?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                At cruiser ? Haye has a good enough argument . Shavers maybe hit harder IF they weighed the same as cruiser weight anything above 210 ? Well i rely on actual resumes and footage sotheres not one fight by either that tells me Shavers hit harder than a 220/230 Haye so?
                How so?
                I mean who did he knockout?

ST Gordon punches harder.
                Guillermo Jones is a former welterweight, even he punches harder...

Comment

You're getting it backwards, Gilligan. If they're 210 on fight night then they aren't Cruiserweights, they're Heavyweights.
                  No, they're cruiserweights.

Calling a Heavyweight "the hardest punching Cruiserweight" is like saying someone is "the smartest 'tard in the Special Ed class". And you damn well know it. The fact that you keep pushing the Cruiserweight label in every post you make in this thread makes it pretty clear your agenda is to troll.
                  Cruiserweight is an awesome division and Shavers should feel privileged that he's one of its historically hardest hitters. He's easily the equal of Sellers, in my opinion, which is nothing to sniff at.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Haye's a pretty overrated puncher at CW. I'd rank Sellers and Kudryashov above him any day, and Shavers as well.

Haye lacked heavy handedness.

Comment

Haye's a pretty overrated puncher at CW. I'd rank Sellers and Kudryashov above him any day, and Shavers as well.

Haye lacked heavy handedness.
                      Really? Haye had a near 100% KO ratio at cruiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X