No announcement yet.

Canelo won the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
    As all of you know from my posting history, I have never liked Canelo. I still don't. He's a pampered ginger who have been fighting too small guys all along and who I think deserved to draw (or even lose) against Lara and Trout. I hoped Golovkin would embarass him, but honestly, I couldn't even justify the decision to the friends I was watching the match with. Canelo was toying with Golovkin, dancing around and uppercutting him at will. They were in completely different leagues regarding skills and all the uppercuts appeared to make Golovkin timid... TBH, Golovkin was exposed as being a guy who can give a punch and take a punch, but not adapt at all. Canelo had so many more dimensions to his game. Golovkin just plodded forward, ate uppercuts and missed with 80% of his punches... I was like "now something's gonna happen!" everytime Golovkin finally landed a clean punch, but his power neither seemed to scare nor hurt Canelo. In a rematch, I even think Canelo will stop Golovkin... What do you think?
    If Canelo fights like tonight in the rematch, he loses again.

His good moments were when he was fighting in the center of the ring trowing combo and counterpunching.

BUT, for some reason he chose instead to back off. And for the same reason that could happen again, making it easy for Golovkin who likes to chase people around the ropes.

The fight was close. To me GGG has done a little more to ensure victory in terms of constant action even though he didn't load his punches as usual because he had constantly to be aware of quick and strong coutners.

Problem for the rematch: GGG has shown a decline in his last years and he is not the same fighter that was 3 years ago. His body shows signs of aging. Canelo will try to postpone the rematch as long as he can and at that point GGG will be even older. For this reason I'm favouring Canelo to win in the rematch, as long as he choses the right strategy and stay in the center of the ring.
    Last edited by Helm; 09-17-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Yes minority does matter, because not many agree with you

You're effectively saying that 'oh I'm right, nearly everyone else is wrong. Nearly everyone else in the industry is a casual'

Really? A grown man actually thinks that?
      Dude, you DO know that white boxing fans are very high on Eastern Europeans lately, right? THE MAJORITY SAW KOVALEV WIN THE FIRST WARD FIGHT! Their survivors even argued that Ward should be disqualified in the rematch!

Minority/majority doesn't mean anything when it comes to Eastern European fighters, because there are too many emotions involved from the fans. We can only go by the fight in that case.

Yeah, Golovkin won a few of the middle rounds, but Canelo dominated most rounds by far. Golovkin won 4 rounds or something.

Comment

Dude, you DO know that white boxing fans are very high on Eastern Europeans lately, right? THE MAJORITY SAW KOVALEV WIN THE FIRST WARD FIGHT! Their survivors even argued that Ward should be disqualified in the rematch!

Minority/majority doesn't mean anything when it comes to Eastern European fighters, because there are too many emotions involved from the fans. We can only go by the fight in that case.

Yeah, Golovkin won a few of the middle rounds, but Canelo dominated most rounds by far. Golovkin won 4 rounds or something.
        Take your race baiting elsewhere, really not interested

Thanks for wasting my time, I thought you were being legitimate

Comment

We are talking about the fight, not the opinions of Golovkin fans from diverse media. Canelo clearly won. And never use Compubox. Just watch the fight.

In fact, tell me which rounds you saw Golovkin win. Then we can inspect those rounds. He got clowned.
          If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose, go play with your friends, the pixies

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Take your race baiting elsewhere, really not interested

Thanks for wasting my time, I thought you were being legitimate
            It's a boxing forum, race means a lot. Not to me, but it does to the other fans.

Comment

It's a boxing forum, race means a lot. Not to me, but it does to the other fans.
              You literally said Kovalev won in the eyes of the fans since his skin is white and symphatize with the same color according to you, and now you are saying race doesn't matter to you? GTFO with that race baiting.

Comment

Only a few Mexican fanboys think Canelo won.

Canelo got a gift draw, embrace it.

Comment

Minority doesn't matter, as the majority appeared to have Kovalev win in the first match against Ward, lol. The rest of us just saw Kovalev getting schooled and some, like me, made threads predicting Ward would KO Kovalev in the rematch because their difference in skill was so great. Casuals won't be able to see it here, like they couldn't in Ward-Kovalev, but Canelo is a better boxer than Golovkin and a rematch will be disastrous for Golovkin. You need to beat the ex-Soviets twice before the fans accept it.
                  So let's get this straight. You're contending that you're right because you say you are. That's a powerful argument you got there buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    You literally said Kovalev won in the eyes of the fans since his skin is white and symphatize with the same color according to you, and now you are saying race doesn't matter to you? GTFO with that race baiting.
                    If such a huge majority saw Kovalev win after getting schooled by Ward in their first fight, then yeah, SOMETHING (skin or whatever) is certainly clouding their minds. At the moment, it's probably just that the Eastern fans can't take it anymore... Postol, Kovalev, Klitschko, how many must fall lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      So let's get this straight. You're contending that you're right because you say you are. That's a powerful argument you got there buddy
                      Which rounds did you see Golovkin win?

Comment

Working...
                      X