Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev was looking to get out of that fight. I think Weeks saw that. I don't agree with the stoppage, but Kovalev kneeling and staying down for like 10 seconds told me what I needed to see. He didn't protest b/c he wanted to get out of the fight.

We were likely headed to a stoppage anyway. Kovalev was looking to the ref for help too much.

Ward even backed off at one point to give him a breather. He was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by NO/BS2468 View Post
      I don't think Kovalev landed flush in either fights against Ward because if he did Ward wouldn't have gotten up. Credit to Ward for using his footwork to use the ring and maintain the distance to get in and out and avoid the Krusher. Ward's fundamentals are off the chart...that hard right hand was right over Kovalevs jab. With Ward's resume he is easily p4p #1 and we are looking at a future hall of famer for sure.

we are now, Ward just wrote his ticket

Stevenson, and then a cheap CW title followed by a legitimate defense..... and who knows, he could figure even higher than that

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
        kovalev just bent over and froze. wtf is the ref supposed to do? that body language says "im done!" tony weeks saved him he didn't wanna be in there no more. those punches weren't low. his trunks were high and he was bent over so of course its gonna hit his trunks. its the equivalent of looking away causing a punch to hit the back of the head and then crying rabbit punch.

kovalev is a coward and a bully. that right hand was the end of him and instead of going out swinging he went out like a btch bent over on the ropes calling the ref to save him. lost all respect for that clown.

then hes gonna say he didnt feel the right hand like we all didn't see him stumbling all over the ring.

WARD IS P4P #1.. PERIOD!!
        True story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
          Disgrace not even given him a count blacks sucking of blacks sick of it cry the race card but its clear black ppl favor black ppl in everyway if white ppl did the same be a **** load of crying by them and probly a race war ward is good fighter one of the best like but hes dirty ass fighter and boring to watch but was on way to beat that russian
          I'm really really reluctant to play the race card - but what the fook? Ref in first fight just stood by in and condoned a wrestlig match and in this fight Weeks ignored low blows and gave a ridiculous early stoppage.

It looks bad. And I feel bad for Andre because this isn't going away - at the end of his career he'll have a dubious first win over Kov and then an early stoppage - and if weeks would have let it play out and not cheat us fans then Ward could tonight be sitting on an unquestionable tko.

Comment

• Ward did what Kov was supposed to do. When the decision was controversial you take it out the hands of the judges.

Comment

• He should of given him a count. It was a bull**** stoppage.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NO/BS2468;17771937]
                Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                He's done Kovalev against non punching bags with no chins[/QUO

Nobody has given Ward more competition than Kovalev...Sergey is still one of the best, I don't think he's done but if he ever fights an all around boxer like Ward Sergey is going to have problems.
                man kov chin is weak notsure he would beat stevenson since stenveson has longer reach

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Of course. Weeks took away from Ward's legacy this evening and the stupid fan boys on here are too biased to see it
                  Do they even box in Ecuador??😂😂
                  Stop.

Comment

• The crying and excuse making never ends around here. Kovalev was done, and it was kicked off by that head shot that had kovalev badly hurt. Continuing the fight would have simply resulted in kovalev taking uneccesaary damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      "I need all my accounts?"

I thought you were talking about your alts?

And stop insulting people on the internet.

You're basically looking like a stupid bully like Kovalev instead of a smart classy guy like Ward.

oh, right.....

so..... you're a Ward fan now, huh ?

Comment

Working...
                      X