Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson and The Making of The Next Black Superstar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just "THE NEXT SUPERSTAR"??? why the race baiting?

Comment

This guy is good, but he has no killer instinct. That Cuban took his balls. The next black SUPERstar, is Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea I can't envision that happening just based off of what I've seen of Shakur thus far. He's got that nice guy Ward vibe to him, hell he comes off nicer then Ward, so it makes sense he's with Ward.

Also its worth noting Arum has never aimed nor seems inclined to promote any of his fighters as bad guys even if Mayweather was dying to be a bad guy & Crawford's police record & dumb bs record accumulates.

There is for sure a shortage of bad guys in boxing & I'm often saying more guys should attempt to jump into that role to maximize their own financial upside in the sport in their short time in it.
          You've got to be great before you can be the bad guy. Unless you take the mayorga route and talk shit to big names just to get a well paid ass kicking.

Besides, I think arum will make Conlan the "bad guy" in the mode of mcgregor, when he and Stevenson finally meet.

Comment

If the title were..... "the next Latino superstar".... NOBODY would be crying.

I don't recall any tears when Steve Kim titled an article "than god for mexican fighters"

The word 'Black' is all it takes to pierce their fragile armor.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAztinca View Post
              This guy is good, but he has no killer instinct. That Cuban took his balls. The next black SUPERstar, is Anthony Joshua.
              STFU Chola.

That Cuban didn't take anything.

AJ is not good enough to be the next anything.

Comment

Not a boxer but a black boxer, the constant focus on race is getting ridiculous. It used to be people fought so they weren't separated by race but I guess we're going the other way now, everything needs to be about race, its pretty disgusting and a real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  Why not just "THE NEXT SUPERSTAR"??? why the race baiting?
                  He's not race bating Uncle Larry.

Change the title to Latino superstar...you'd be quiet as a dead mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                    Not a boxer but a black boxer, the constant focus on race is getting ridiculous. It used to be people fought so they weren't separated by race but I guess we're going the other way now, everything needs to be about race, its pretty disgusting and a real shame.

Stop crying.

The word Black sets off a Tidal wave of tears.

Comment

There is no blacksuper stars no mo. eastern european boxers dun took it all !!!!
                      Last edited by MantisToboggan; 04-24-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X