• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by valero View Post

LMMMAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!

saved & sig'd

Comment

• This is what happens when you don't let a guy grab or constantly clinch you...and you are forced to fight. If Wlad had an inside game, he wins this fight.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEANlBbhsA
      Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 10-24-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Now Wlad did all of his damage from the outside, but when your opponent withstands your onslaught, you must change your game and be able to fight on the inside.

Ali learned this against Frazier the hard way. Wlad did too in the fight below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_DAJi95Dm4

Comment

• In America Wlad, you get booed for pushing Brewster and grabbing him around the neck. Where you're from Wlad, that's considered boxing.

Comment

• He an intelligent and articulate guy, but his 'artform' is ugly and anti-boxing IMO. Seeing such a huge guy, who invariably has a massive size advantage over his opponents, use his size to lean on his opponents, wear out their legs, then jab and grab until the later rounds until they are exhausted and a strong gust of wind will blow them over. Even then, his corner have to shout, scream, plead with him to close the show. Its just horrible to watch. Efficient, effective - yes. Boxing at its purest form - hell no.
            What makes it worse is that Wlad is very talented, and can box really well for such a big guy. He's just obsessed with safety and doesn't care one jot about the fans who pay to buy his PPV or come to his shows.
            And then there is the choice of opponents... don't get me started there.

Comment

• Even if Wlad was taught proper infighting technique(s). He doesn't have the backbone or intestinal fortitude to utilize such techniques in proper fashion. Particularly when under fire. He's seriously one of the most gutless boxers i've ever seen make it too the "elite level'. Never once in his entire career has he demonstrated the ability to fight his way out of distress or even made an attempt to. And i've watched his entire career. from Byrd I to present. He either takes a big shot or big shots, has a momentary panic attack, then either holds on for dear life and survives. Or folds like a lawnchair and get KO'd. He really isn't psychologically built for a combat sport. Even Vitali admitted it. He's just incredibly gifted physically & athletically. Which is what he's largely gotten by on. But he leaves alot to be desired in the heart & spine region.

Comment

• Originally posted by No. View Post
                Even if Wlad was taught proper infighting technique(s). He doesn't have the backbone or intestinal fortitude to utilize such techniques in proper fashion. Particularly when under fire. He's seriously one of the most gutless boxers i've ever seen make it too the "elite level'. Never once in his entire career has he demonstrated the ability to fight his way out of distress or even made an attempt to. And i've watched his entire career. from Byrd I to present. He either takes a big shot or big shots, has a momentary panic attack, then either holds on for dear life and survives. Or folds like a lawnchair and get KO'd. He really isn't psychologically built for a combat sport. Even Vitali admitted it. He's just incredibly gifted physically & athletically. Which is what he's largely gotten by on. But he leaves alot to be desired in the heart & spine region.
                I agree. its a damn shame he doesnt have vitali's chin and toughness

Comment

• Wladimir has plenty of chances left to show us he's an exciting champ.

Comment

• I would have loved to see a prime Tyson fight Wladimar. Could Wladimar keep Tyson at bay for the full 12?

Comment

• Originally posted by Souwester View Post
                      I would have loved to see a prime Tyson fight Wladimar. Could Wladimar keep Tyson at bay for the full 12?
                      terrible styles matchup for wlad. he has all kinds of trouble getting his right hand off against shorter opponents that get low on him,,,not to mention Tysons speed and power. Im a wlad fan but prime Tyson ices him within 3 rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X