Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the next best American heavyweight? Seth Mitchell, Amir Mansour, or Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
    This topic is about who you think the next best American heavyweight boxer will be. We already know Chambers and Thompson are good.

Who do you think? It's tough to pick but I personally like Mitchell and Mansour the most as of right now.
    Have you seen any of Mansour's fights? Or have you just heard about the guy and now are on the bandwagon?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      guys you're forgetting hammerfist bermaine stiverne !!

he made ray austin look good for a few rounds before knocking him out lol

ahh it's a rough spot, being a HW in america

you got the opportunity to destroy bithces and play football or basketball at a huge school for free
      maybe move on to a pro league where you're likely to make an exponentially larger amount of money than your average boxer

and if you don't you got a college education at what's likely a very good school because of all the money they are pulling in from their TV deals for their athletics

did i mention pulling all that tail?

yeah the next american HW are the cameron newtons and ndamek n'sues of the world.
      hell, can you imagine lebron james coming up today in america as a HW
      "There's this fighter... i don't even know if he's real.... he's 6'9" , 260, without an ounce of fat, and he can run faster than ANYBODY IVE EVER SEEN across a basketball court.... he's 20 years old... His name is Lebron James."
      can you even imagine that?
      i know i cant. i can see
      athletic talent of that size and pedigree is steered toward a big school with a "recruiting process" that would make your head spin
      starting at about 14 years old

and for you guys who don't know who amir mansour is:

he's an american HW with serious left handed punching power that he sets up pretty well.

he spent close to the last decade in prison
      and he's getting close to 40

i wouldn't get too excited about him.
      he's also fought nobody of note outside of dominck guinn (not at all a bad fighter. i saw him knock an undefeated guy out in half a round on the froch taylor undercard)
      and hay, what do you know
      the first guy with a pulse he fights goes the distance
      Yes, yes, the USA is the only country in the world that has other sports apart from boxing, how could we forget

I guess if you repeat something enough times people start believing it.

Comment

Seth Mitchell is the best of the three.

Deontay Wilder is the next Tye Fields, Amir Mansour is good but he's too old.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          guys you're forgetting hammerfist bermaine stiverne !!

he made ray austin look good for a few rounds before knocking him out lol

ahh it's a rough spot, being a HW in america

you got the opportunity to destroy bithces and play football or basketball at a huge school for free
          maybe move on to a pro league where you're likely to make an exponentially larger amount of money than your average boxer

and if you don't you got a college education at what's likely a very good school because of all the money they are pulling in from their TV deals for their athletics

did i mention pulling all that tail?

yeah the next american HW are the cameron newtons and ndamek n'sues of the world.
          hell, can you imagine lebron james coming up today in america as a HW
          "There's this fighter... i don't even know if he's real.... he's 6'9" , 260, without an ounce of fat, and he can run faster than ANYBODY IVE EVER SEEN across a basketball court.... he's 20 years old... His name is Lebron James."
          can you even imagine that?
          i know i cant. i can see
          athletic talent of that size and pedigree is steered toward a big school with a "recruiting process" that would make your head spin
          starting at about 14 years old
          Nail on the head.

These guys are supposed to be America's best Heavyweight "prospects". But these are not America's elite HEAVYWEIGHT SIZED athletes. These are failed football & basketball players that use boxing as a last resort because they're no good at the sports that are currently relevant to the American public. Evidenced by the fact that all 3 of these guys never even stepped into a boxing ring (amateur or pro) UNTIL THEY WERE IN THEIR 20'S.

If you look at the great American Heavyweights of the past, guys like Tyson, Holyfield, Ali, Bowe etc. These guys were groomed since they were teens and pre-teens to become professional boxers, and by the time they were in their mid-teens, some already had 100+ amateur fights. Ali had 100+ amateur fights before he was an adult, Holyfield had 100+ amateur fights before he was an adult, Bowe had 100+ before he was an adult. Wilder, Mitchell & Mansour COMBINED don't even have 50 amateur fights and never boxed as teenagers. And why would they? Do colleges give out scholarships for boxing as they do with football and basketball? Do high schools cater their whole athletic programs around Boxing like they do with football & basketball? Are the worst boxers in the sport able to be paid a minimum six figure salary just for practicing (sparring) or sitting on the bench? NO

Elite American Heavyweight sized athletes have no incentive to become professional boxers anymore, which is why you get hand me downs like Wilder & Mitchell who only turn to boxing because they failled at all the sports that actually matter.

Both still might have somewhat successful careers though, based on how absolutely horrid the Heavyweight Division is worldwide.

Comment

Most basketball/football players wouldn't even cut it in boxing anyways. Sick of Atlas saying all these football players would have been good boxers because they wouldn't, they would look like trash against Klitschkos probably even worse than the current crop of boxers.

Maybe David Haye would do good in basketball because he does pretty good flopping around like a fish to fake fouls.

Comment

Mansour is way too old. Wilder is very unimpressive to me, so I guess Mitchell of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                Most basketball/football players wouldn't even cut it in boxing anyways.
                Well no shit sherlock. They haven't been trained and conditioned their whole lives for boxing like they have been for basketball and football. But you would have to assume that based on the athletic capabilities of alot of pro basketball & football players, if boxing was still a top tier sport in American society, up their with Football, Basketball & Baseball (like it used to be) if they were steered towards Boxing AS TEENAGERS AND PRETEENS as they are football & basketball, than they would no doubt be able to become elite boxers as well.

Way to allow my point to go way over your head.
                Last edited by Deal With It; 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X