No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Shakes Head at Anthony Joshua's Muscles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
    Good post, I see a victory over Parker who at this stage of his career throws more than Wlad at the stage of his career last April a more credible win for AJ. Not expecting Parker to win but it won't be a walk in the park like it was against Takam.
    Nope. Klitchko in your 19th fight is still a more impressive win

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      A.J probably is coming in 280+ pounds with Phil Edwards, Howard Foster, Ian John Lewis, Terry O'Connor. I cant blame Parker for asking for 40% when you really consider the disadvantages he has to overcome, but Joshua's fanboys don't think about that stuff.
      One of the most ridiculous things I’ve read here for a while.

So, because AJ is bigger, and it might be on his home turf, he should pay Parker more?

Yeah that’s often how it works.

You often heard Mayweather saying exactly this
      “You a small time fighter doe, with a small team, and you a smaller man than me physically, and we having this fight in Vegas, my home town, so because I have all the advantages, imma pay you 40% to make up for it. Cool?”

Seriously how do you have the neck to post such claptrap?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        You were one of the guys who said Takam would be gone in 1st round.

AJ will always stuggle with anyone who can move like a boxer. Just like he struggled with blind midget Takam.

Parker may not be the greatest but he will be the best fighter under 40 years old AJ has Faced. FACT.
        You posted almost the exact same thing on another thread before.

You know you’re talking bollocks.

Winning every round and having a TKO victory is not ‘struggling’.

Not blasting someone out in a couple of rounds doesn’t mean you struggled.

If you’re made blind because your opponent cut your eyes open through hard punches, then that doesn’t count.

I didn’t see any evidence of fantastic boxing and movement from Takam, he looked more like Clottey keeping the earmuffs on to avoid getting knocked out.

I’d rate Dillian Whyte above Parker. He has the better record.

I agree a fighter like Fury is all wrong for AJ though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          Of what I've seen of Joshua he's massively overrated and even more so on this forum. Joshua looks devoid of ideas inside the ring when his power isn't as telling with him raising his competiton level.
          Still looks a level above Parker though. He had life and death with Takam, and against Fury he had devoid of ideas tattooed on he's forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            A.J probably is coming in 280+ pounds with Phil Edwards, Howard Foster, Ian John Lewis, Terry O'Connor. I cant blame Parker for asking for 40% when you really consider the disadvantages he has to overcome, but Joshua's fanboys don't think about that stuff.
            Give me one reason why a heavyweight would drain down to 254 for a weigh in, and then gain 25 pounds for a fight? Give me one good reason for a heavyweight to drain himself for a weigh in period. You can't give one, because haters don't think about that stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
              One of the most ridiculous things I’ve read here for a while.

So, because AJ is bigger, and it might be on his home turf, he should pay Parker more?

Yeah that’s often how it works.

You often heard Mayweather saying exactly this
              “You a small time fighter doe, with a small team, and you a smaller man than me physically, and we having this fight in Vegas, my home town, so because I have all the advantages, imma pay you 40% to make up for it. Cool?”

Seriously how do you have the neck to post such claptrap?
              I wonder that when I read he's stuff too. Does this guy seriously think heavyweights drain down for weigh ins and come in 20lb heavier? Embarrassing.

Comment

I am no fan of Joshua - he is over rated in terms of his ability and over hyped by the media, especially in the UK.

However. Parker is terrible, he has no profile, brings no fan-base, his best win is what Hughie Fury?

FFS Parker should be grateful for whatever crumbs he gets thrown, he is a paper champion and at best B level as a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  I am no fan of Joshua - he is over rated in terms of his ability and over hyped by the media, especially in the UK.

However. Parker is terrible, he has no profile, brings no fan-base, his best win is what Hughie Fury?

FFS Parker should be grateful for whatever crumbs he gets thrown, he is a paper champion and at best B level as a HW.
                  Is joshua even overrated though? Every thread i read about him is full of people saying hes ****.

And even in the media i havent seen anyone proclaiming him the next ali

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                    Is joshua even overrated though? Every thread i read about him is full of people saying hes ****.

And even in the media i havent seen anyone proclaiming him the next ali
                    Joshua is hugely overrated yes, especially in the UK where he actually is talked of in the same way Ali / Lewis etc were.

The key to Joshua's success is simply media hype and profile, that why he gets £15 million a fight.

The UK media talk about Joshua like he is the second coming of Christ - it's pathetic but they love the 'humble' rags to riches back story.

Parker on the other had has no profile or presence and no real personality to sell fights. he also has a very weak resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Nope. Klitchko in your 19th fight is still a more impressive win
                      Your communicating with someone who actually said Parker has better offensive skills than Klitchko , do you really think you will get logical perspectives from that poster ?

Comment

Working...
                      X