Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Naturally Athletically Gifted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if kraut judges had robbed Roy, the public has a way of forgiving robberies. His career always bothers me because so much more should have been accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      If only Roy had worked as hard to get better fights after he beat Toney and became a star, like with Benn, McLellan, Darius M, he might have at least cracked the top 10 as a light heavy all time or been ranked higher on that list.
      Wouldn't disagree but obviously two big factors that stand out without looking deeper were the HBO contract and Don King.

Comment

Yep, but if you want to be considered a great, gotta fight the greatest available. At least he doesn't go around calling himself the best ever, like Mayweather.

Comment

Well, Roy Jones Jr. has won this poll comfortaby.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            what about Duran and Pacquiao?

I want to say Roy Jones, but I said SRL because of the competition he faced. he literally fought the best there ever was in the best weight division. so if you are the fastest guy there, you get the nod.
            Duran would have made a hell of a wrestler or grappler. Strong, relentless and he had an uncanny sensitivity for his opponents movement when he got his hands on him.

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
              Duran would have made a hell of a wrestler or grappler. Strong, relentless and he had an uncanny sensitivity for his opponents movement when he got his hands on him.
              Good call. I just read Hands By Way Of Stone, and it says Duran's earliest athletic interest was in wrestling, with which he was familiar from watching Mexican wrestlers on TV. He did a small bit of it as a youth.

Yep, there is not anything about Duran that would have not made a fearsome wrestler.

The book records a surprsing number of his KO victims who did not rise for minutes. For so small a boxer to have so many out-cold-KOs was something of a shock. Several times Duran thought he had killed his opponent.

Comment

Idk why I voted Leonard. Jones obviously most athletic. Leonard second.

Comment

Working...
                X