Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Charles Martin hated here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Martin isn't very good is a pretty reasonable position. He is unproven and in his fights it is not like he appeared a world beater. He doesn't look like a great athlete and how he fights is not something that screams the looks are deceiving.

Maybe he give Joshua a fight, but whoever wins that fight questions still will remain.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-20-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Coldplay is awesome
      That's Chris Martin smart guy

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Simple minds will attack one individual as a means of bolstering another. Charles hasn't really done anything to earn the hate. I haven't seen anything that would cause me to praise him, but I'm not going to bash the guy based on how I feel about someone else.
        He hasn't done anything to earn the title.

But yeah, people hate him because he's black doe.

Comment

Cause he's Black.

Comment

I think fighting Joshua has something to do with it, this is the tic for tac thing with some Wilder backers and haters, basically those that criticise Wilder (Mostly non-Americans and British posters) are getting it back with people trying to pick holes in Joshua ammo or resume, which means anyone that Joshua fights would be criticise and called bums too... At the end of the day to criticise Martin when we don't really know much about him is a bit silly IMO. He won a belt and isn't just sitting on it..

Comment

The reasons are threefold imo.

First he's associated with Al Haymon & being associated with Haymon is one of the surest ways to be hated for virtually no legit reason out of the gate in boxing today. There are many names that are poison to boxing fans including Floyd, Manny, Arum, King along with Haymon so its not simply about Haymon he's just maybe the biggest these days.

#2 he got a very undeserved title shot by 1)being ranked way higher than he shoulda been + 2)with Fury being stripped within a week or so of winning his belt in a move many boxing fans hated. I think if Glazkov woulda won he'd have been equally hated by some fans.

And third he won that title fight he didn't deserve in a way that was extremely unsatisfying & shoulda been a no contest in many fans estimation, mine included. Fans are ruthless in this way. Bradley didn't judge the first fight with Manny, but he got lotsa hate cuz the judges effed up so this isn't all that uncommon either.

Comment

Hadn't noticed he was hated.

But if he is, yep, it's racial TS, just like you suspect.

Comment

I don't think anybody hates him, i just think everyone knows he his not world champion and Joshua won't be when he beats him. The epitome of a paper champion.

Comment

I haven't noticed any hatred. Just a lot of people thinking he is going to get clock cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                      Why does Charles Martin get ridiculed on this forum? It's still early in his career and yet people are putting him down before he's even out of the gates? I also think he has a very good chance of winning against AJ. Look at his physique compared to AJ's. Muscule bounded physiques without fat to loosen up joints is never a good thing in boxing. AJ was beginning to gas against Whyte and looked very stiff. Don't underestimate Martin is all I'm saying, way too early for that.
                      He threw more punches in 7 rounds than Fury and Wlad combined.

Of course he was tired. But still had the power to ko a guy who had never been knocked down amateur or pro, boxing or kickboxing

Martin has struggled to drop opponents Joshua has battered in minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X