Comments Thread For: Canelo Hit With NSAC Complaint, Hearing is Now on April 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
    Get your eyes checked.
    Cotto landed a lot more and avoided/blocked many of Canelo's shots. I still don't understand how the whole "1 Canelo shot counts as 20 Cotto shots" argument works, and I don't agree with it.

Comment

Told y'all when they suspended him the fight would be cancelled. But y'all said golden boy would pay them off. That's not how corruption works. Corruption would be never holding a hearing or investigation which we were well on our way to until GGG had to speak up. Corruption isn't an Adelaide Byrd 10-2 scorecard. That's incompetence. Corruption is that 8-4 or 7-5 card in a close but clear win. Like Pacquiao-Bradley I or Pacquiao-Horn

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        But yea they need to say whats what sooner rather than later. People are spending thousands of dollars coming to see this fight or non-fight in some cases. Its irresponsible to not man up & make a call here.
        theyre already offering refunds etc

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          theyre already offering refunds etc
          Yea but they haven't said whats what. Thats a weak move. Either the fight is on or its off or its postponed.

Don't have people who might have requested vacation time on a trip to see this fight waiting. So at least Bennett saying its on tomorrow is a step in the correct direction finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Told y'all when they suspended him the fight would be cancelled. But y'all said golden boy would pay them off. That's not how corruption works. Corruption would be never holding a hearing or investigation which we were well on our way to until GGG had to speak up. Corruption isn't an Adelaide Byrd 10-2 scorecard. That's incompetence. Corruption is that 8-4 or 7-5 card in a close but clear win. Like Pacquiao-Bradley I or Pacquiao-Horn
            It's all corruption. You can't pick and choose.

The fact that people knew long ago that Byrd was incompetent and yet she still had a job judging fights is itself corruption.

Comment

I think Canelo will be allowed to fight GGG on May 5th in Vegas. They may give him a fine or a warning but I doubt they will keep him from fighting on time.

Comment

You wonder if he was juiced up when he fought anyone else, including Khan who he already had a huge size advantage over.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Canelo Hit With NSAC Complaint, Hearing is Now on April 18

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has canceled a planned hearing on Friday, with respect to the temporary suspension of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, and have now filed an official complaint against the boxer. The disciplinary hearing, which was scheduled for April 10, is now going forward on April 18.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    You wonder if he was juiced up when he fought anyone else, including Khan who he already had a huge size advantage over.
                    Canelo put on 20 pounds overnight against Cotto, too. This controversy puts an asterisk on many of Canelo's fights.

Comment

TMobile Arena begins giving refunds a day before the NAC decides to discipline Alvarez.
                      Makes you wonder who really controls boxing in Nevada.
                      My guess is Alvarez will be suspended for 6 months and pay a fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X