No announcement yet.

I Blame the Generation Prior to Millenials for Creating Millenials

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Blame the Generation Prior to Millenials for Creating Millenials

Obviously there are a lot of complaints about millenials being weak, entitled, whiny, sheltered and in need of safe spaces. However, the truth is the anger should be directed to the generation prior to millenials, because they are the ones who created this whole present atmosphere.

The generation or two before millenials tanked the economy. The millenials are entering the workforce in an awful time, where the same type of job 20 years ago paid 20% more than it does today, where if you do not have a college education your pay is severely cut, while at the same time if you do have a college education you are swimming in your neck in student loan debt. Basic labor jobs are outsourced, the cost of living has significantly went up, while wages remain stagnant.

Transgender people who think they are 6 year old girls are being accepted by today's millenials, because the generations prior didn't have enough foresight and thought it was ok to pass certain laws in the early 2000's that would open pandoras box to the stuff we see today.

To the credit of millenials, on average they are more intelligent than the generations prior, however, they are also filled with illusions and disillusions that they are somehow more special than anyone else in this world. They believe themselves to have a moral high ground, unfortunately that moral high ground is built on hypocrisy's and twisted perceptions of the world. And I blame the generation prior for allowing it to happen.
    Last edited by Enayze; 04-29-2016, 11:03 AM.

I don't believe that an entire generation can be uniformly categorized. There are all kinds of people in every generation.

And I really don't see how Millennials would be viewed as entitled. Many of them are people that were either entering the work force, or even grew up, at the beginning of the recession. They've been exposed to quite a significant degree of restrictions, especially when compared to older generations.

I do agree that those older generations had a hand in the mess which deprived Millennials of a similar upbringing and lifestyle, but it is what it is. They just happen to be the generation that pays for a lot of what was done in the past.

The funny thing is, I remember reading a Reddit thread which was about Millennials, in minimum wage jobs, providing customer service to Baby Boomers. A bunch of people on there said that Baby Boomers were themselves entitled; many gave anecdotes of how Baby Boomers complained about everything, and attributed this to the relatively easy lives they've had.

The point I'm getting at is that there are always different perspectives, and they may not always be fair. It wouldn't be a stretch to posit that perhaps some Millennials envy the economic status/wealth of some Baby Boomers (and other generations), and that perhaps some Baby Boomers (and other generations) fear the intelligence, open-mindedness, and hunger for work some Millennials have.

As the demographics change, there will always be a reaction to the shifts in power within a society. That's where the attempts to denigrate entire generations kick in, unfortunately.
    Last edited by SunSpace; 04-29-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Yup blame the baby boomers, if they just kept their sperm or jerked off this would not have happened.....

Then again you ought to understand why this crap is happening in the first place.

The parents of the baby boomers beat them to pulp when they get out of line

The baby boomers did not like it and think it is wrong.

They made sure their children do not suffer the same pain.

result their freakin kids became sheltered and never feel any kind of pain physical nor emotional.

That perhaps ****ed them up somehow by making them feeble....
      I don't know...

Comment

I blame Duran Duran and all those other new romantic pop ****s. And their hippy 60's free love parents. And their parents. etc.

Comment

but what constitutes a millenial tho?

what years are the official millenial years???

which time period? i dont think you can lump all millienials in the same group.

i think the older millenials are fine, its the newer millenials that are the problem. people that were born in the 2000s late 90s that grew up in the social media era are the real problems.

do people that were born in the late 70s early 80s are they considered millenials? because people that grew up in that era are completely different from the people that were born with facebook, internet social media.

Comment

Bring back child abuse

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

i think the older millenials are fine, its the newer millenials that are the problem. people that were born in the 2000s late 90s that grew up in the social media era are the real problems.

do people that were born in the late 70s early 80s are they considered millenials? because people that grew up in that era are completely different from the people that were born with facebook, internet social media.
              Millenials are people who reached adulthood by 2000's

Comment

Yesterday at college I ripped off a "LGBTQ - Safe Space" taped notice square on a door. Had to walk by the **** every other day to get to my class. The fact that these places even exist is a detriment to human society.

*Also been tearing up any Pro-lgb posters on any notification boards I see... Coincidentally all boards are right by anthropology & r*tard studies classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

That is the truth. I was born in 1991 so I'm OK.

Comment

There are a few young guys who report to me that are solid guys. They were raised by a dad who cared enough to not spoil his lil boy, and made home a man. I have made a few other young punks cry, without trying. WTF happened to the world??

Comment

Working...
                    X