Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Blasts Critics Who Claim He Quit With Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody that gets on a boxing forum accusing a boxer of quitting is a piece of s***. I would love to see some of these people take an uppercut from Manny then see how they fair. Lucas and always has been a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      Anybody that gets on a boxing forum accusing a boxer of quitting is a piece of s***. I would love to see some of these people take an uppercut from Manny then see how they fair. Lucas and always has been a warrior.
      quiting is still quitting tho....now calling him a coward or sumthing would b out of bounds imo

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        quiting is still quitting tho....now calling him a coward or sumthing would b out of bounds imo
        Yeah you have a point I guess just seems very unreasonable to these men that risk it all.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
          Quitting is quitting .

Sorry, it's not the job of fans to prove it in the ring.
          Buster Douglas quit on Holyfield .
          No matter how you cut it .
          Ettiene quit on Tyson.
          Golota quit on Tyson.

Comment

He got clipped by a right hook. Clearly got buzzed cos he rubbed his face. The jabs are just added sprinkles.

The problem was, he tried to box Pacquiao, but Lucas is the puncher. Joel Diaz had a bad game plan. He converted Matthyse into a Marquez style counter puncher, when he's clearly noty that. I would've just slugged and take my chances if I were him and let my hands go. But they had a plan. They thought the Manny that was going to show up was the jack rabbit that was gunna hop and threw little punches. They didn't thought it was the forward type. Lucas could've adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He was given a count.

He waited for the ref to get to 5 or something and then spat his mouthpiece out.

Which is basically him saying please stop it.
              Enough punishment, He look at Joel Diaz who signaled back to stay down. FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                Lots of long time greats quit after taking a long beating.
                Arguello against Pryor, Morales 3 against Pac, Pepp on his stool, LaMotta on his stool, JCC against ODH, ODH against Pac....
                I'm aware of this.

Comment

''Lucas Matthysse Blasts Critics Who Claim He Quit With Pacquiao.''

lucas better watch it or a critic might beat him up too.

Comment

I wonder if all the people *****t!ng on Matthysse go shine and buff their little league participation trophies when they’re done sharing their worthless opinions, cause I know they never boxed a round in their lives

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      I think that a boxer should be able to say 'enough' and not face the backlash. Having said that, it's exactly what Matthysse did. He was taking punishment, and there was no reason to continue doing so. He did the same against Postol with a screwed up eye. Yeah, he could have been a 'warrior' and gotten knocked out, but what's the point?
                      Boxing fans want boxers killed or maimed, that's why. Look at what Pac did to Margarito, should've quit late rounds, no reason to continue taking brutal beating and waiting for his eye falls out of its socket.

Same thing can be said on Pac-Diaz and Pac-Cotto. You don't continue fighting when your life's already at risk of lifetime damage (the boxer should know, they're the one fighting after all). Mathysse got knocked down THRICE and ref STOPPED the fight. He didn't quit ala Oscar Dela Hoya who was never decked in the fight and yet he quit on his stool, now that is quitting big time. Too those mother*****ers out there, try boxing and get beat for continues 6-8 rounds and NOT quit! You ****load of *****s.

Boxers life is more important than any word that comes off a fans mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X