Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Like It When You Go To a Website & A Video AutoPlays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Like It When You Go To a Website & A Video AutoPlays?

Cuz this sh^t annoys me to no end, but any halfway legit site seems to have decided to torture people like this.

My assumption is this is to get people to sign up for their bs site so they can sell your info or w/e the f#ck they use it for cuz it seems like you can customize things to not autoplay if you sign up. Or at least I've noticed that on a couple sites I frequent.
    Nope, that sh^t is annoying
    83.33%
    Yep, I love it, please torture me more
    16.67%

No I do not like it. Especially when it is an advertisement or commercial. I'm already annoyed with YouTube when I have to sit through advertisements before the video. Even the ones that let me skip the video in 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      No I do not like it. Especially when it is an advertisement or commercial. I'm already annoyed with YouTube when I have to sit through advertisements before the video. Even the ones that let me skip the video in 5 seconds.
      Me too. Adblock programs take care of most of that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Me too. Adblock programs take care of most of that though.
        Thats another thing. Lately it seems like more & more sites are requiring you to turn off the adblocker to read w/e you are trying to read on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Cuz this sh^t annoys me to no end, but any halfway legit site seems to have decided to torture people like this.

My assumption is this is to get people to sign up for their bs site so they can sell your info or w/e the f#ck they use it for cuz it seems like you can customize things to not autoplay if you sign up. Or at least I've noticed that on a couple sites I frequent.

Comment

Thats another thing. Lately it seems like more & more sites are requiring you to turn off the adblocker to read w/e you are trying to read on their site.
            theirs anti adblocker scripts etc but sites I visit rarely check for adblock and if they do I just turn it off real quick. I do mute all tabs though only unmute it if i am gonna watch it

Comment

Yes.. that **** is annoying too..

Comment

Not usually on the sites I visit. But if they do, I turn it off for that site only and then skip after about 5 seconds.

Comment

I use Enhancer for Youtube: https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube

It gets rid of ads, stops autoplay and gives you loads of features not there by default.

Comment

Yes. It's even more annoying when you're browsing on your phone while listening to music and the video cuts ends up blasting through your speakers.

I also hate that Netflix plays a preview everytime you highlight something. I keep Netflix on mute now until I pick something to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X