Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Movies! Posters, releases and Discussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mc4574 View Post
    I still haven't seen Open Range.......I have a hard time thinking of Costner as a rough person. I guess it's because of Field of Dreams.
    Costner did do great in Dances with Wolves, great great movie. The Scenery is amazing..!

Comment

Comment

Unforgiven I think has set the bar so high it untoppable. I do think Once Upon A Time In The West is a little over-rated.

Ones that must be added:

Almost as good as the searchers. if it had a proper love story in it I would rank it above it in its time.

Watched this since I was a boy and it has so much in it about what america means at heart and people wise. Its beautiful.

Brando's only good western.
        Last edited by omarinbox; 06-21-2010, 04:37 AM.

Comment

And going back to John Wayne:

Western should tell the story at the heart of america for me. The ones like The Searchers and Unforgiven and Outlaw Josey Wales are the best at doing that. This does that in a different way and its a good shoot em up too. Basically teacher turned bandit vs gunsmith sheriff.
          Last edited by omarinbox; 06-21-2010, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mc4574 View Post
            I still haven't seen Open Range.......I have a hard time thinking of Costner as a rough person. I guess it's because of Field of Dreams.
            I thought it was good. I agree about Duvall's acting but Costner was alright too.
            Some of my favorites(after color movies came out)
            No particular order

Once upon a time in The West
            The unforgiven
            Outlaw Josey Wales
            Silverado
            Appaloosa
            Open Range
            Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
            Tombstone-movie was so so but Val Kilmers Doc Holliday made it better

I could add My Name is Nobody and Blazing Saddles but they are kind of off subject

Comment

cant forget this one:

Comment

Tombstone is a good one. Doc is the best thing in that whole movie. my other favorite is The Quick and the Dead. i'm always into movies about tournaments.

Comment

underrated one:

Comment

Originally posted by Idgas View Post
                    Tombstone is a good one. Doc is the best thing in that whole movie. my other favorite is The Quick and the Dead. i'm always into movies about tournaments.
                    Quick and the dead would've been great if the badass hero of the movie hadn't been Sharon Stone

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
                      Quick and the dead would've been great if the badass hero of the movie hadn't been Sharon Stone

agreed

it was Russell Crowe's 1st film in Hollywood

Comment

Working...
                      X