No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the Heavyweight "champion"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    ask joshua's promoter. he's the one who has publicly stated the WBC is the most prestigious belt.
    /thread....

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Its not a slut belt like the IBF or WBA that gets passed or bought - you really have to beat a champion to get it and its lineage is mint from greats holding it : whereas the IBF or WBO just became recognized yesterday #BOMBZQUAD
      Stiverne was a great ? Who did Stiverne beat to get it ? Was he a champ ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        Stiverne was a great ?
        That was not the question to which I was replying to : you asked why is the WBC prestigious and I answered in addition ask any boxing historian if you don't want to take my word for it - but just to play along with you, he was top five primed when Deontay beat him fair and square.

Comment

Anthony Joshua, ONLY because of Tyson Fury's health issues and inactivity! and then Deontay Wilder is in at number 2, and Tyson Fury ranked at number 3! If he was not inactive, i would of ranked him at number 1!

Comment

ask joshua's promoter. he's the one who has publicly stated the WBC is the most prestigious belt.
            Hearn promotes AJ, in essence promoting and hyping a potential fight why would I buy into hype, if I did I'd be a Wilder fan boy like you and frankly that's not an image I want.

it was taken from adonis because HBO wanted it taken from adonis. and some nonsense rule was invented about facing a "top 5" contender from ANY division (to protect canelo so he could continue to fight junior middleweights for the middleweight title). how much more obvious could it be?

he publicly declared his retirement. the second he did that, the lineal title became vacant.
            He said he retired ? I must have missed that, I saw an interview the other day and he said he was going to fight again and claimed he was still the heavyweight champ, now I can accept that him being the lineal champ that is but unless he fights it schedules a fight this month being the latest I can't accept him being Ring.

It was taken from Adonis because he elected not to face top contenders, relax he's still lineal, Ring he most certainly deservingly is not.

Comment

That was not the question to which I was replying to : you asked why is the WBC prestigious and I answered in addition ask any boxing historian if you don't want to take my word for it - but just to play along with you, he was top five primed when Deontay beat him fair and square.
              You said to get the WBC you need to beat a champ claiming it has some honourable prestigious line of lineage which we both know is untrue.

Comment

Hearn promotes AJ, in essence promoting and hyping a potential fight why would I buy into hype, if I did I'd be a Wilder fan boy like you and frankly that's not an image I want.
                had nothing to do with AJ & wilder. he's consistently been honest and admitted the WBC is the most valuable belt when speaking about which route to take with his various fighters. anybody who follows the sport closely realizes the green belt brings the most green in the marketplace.

He said he retired ? I must have missed that
                you don't follow the sport closely, so of course you missed it.

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/statu...11970966138880

It was taken from Adonis because he elected not to face top contenders, relax he's still lineal, Ring he most certainly deservingly is not.
                it was taken from adonis because HBO wanted to be able to pretend kovalev-ward was for the real championship.

so if we know that ring is owned by a promoter. if we know they make up the rules as they go along. if we know they consistently invent rules to damage showtime and benefit hbo...

and you STILL consider ring the top title, don't you realize how foolish that makes you?

it's a ****ing magazine. a magazine owned by golden boy promotions. the titles are meaningless.

Comment

You said to get the WBC you need to beat a champ claiming it has some honourable prestigious line of lineage which we both know is untrue.
                  Deontay beat a top five primed champion, what part is so confusing is it the facts that validate Deontay?

Comment

Deontay beat a top five primed champion, what part is so confusing is it the facts that validate Deontay?
                    You're own words were to hold the WBC you need to beat a champion, that's neither true nor a misconception it's a lie, perpetuated by somebody trying to raise stock in his hero. Don't be a fan boy and come out with this crap and inept contest it, it's really simple. You understand that right ?

Comment

weiland said ring is the only thing he respects. well ring had stiverne #2 in the world when deontay beat him . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X