Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously GGG did not knockdown Jacobs, he was pushed down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off balance flash knock down. Hope he gets a rematch. He really deserves one. Very close fight

Comment

It was a KD but Jacobs slipped and clearly wasn't hurt by the punch. Mora hurt him more. Jacobs actually has good recovery so I'm still baffled about the Pirog fight. The ref pushed him back down when he was getting up but I wonder if he would be able to continue if that didn't happen.

Comment

larry, if you had any credit it was due to the "benefit of doubt."

you no longer have that. you're a racist, and you think the way yu do because golovkin is white, and you don't like him. you're a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          It was a KD but Jacobs slipped and clearly wasn't hurt by the punch. Mora hurt him more. Jacobs actually has good recovery so I'm still baffled about the Pirog fight. The ref pushed him back down when he was getting up but I wonder if he would be able to continue if that didn't happen.

pirog beat the dog**** out of jacobs. he was clearly the better fighter at that point in their careers. landed bombs basically all night. jacobs grandmother had just died, and she raised him. he could have had 20 seconds to get up, he was still going ot get knocked ou tthat night.

Comment

Gee another anti-GGG thread.

Wonder what the motive is behind this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
              Gee another anti-GGG thread.

Wonder what the motive is behind this one?
              No idea.

Comment

He wasnt hurt but it was legit.

Comment

Hi Larry, it's the alt here chiming in. Jacobs ate two right hands, followed by a left that "knocked him down". That is why it's called a "knock down". He did get back up, otherwise that would have been what is called a "knock out". When he got up he wobbled backwards to the corner and held on the ropes for the countdown. Jacobs was stunned, and he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    pirog beat the dog**** out of jacobs. he was clearly the better fighter at that point in their careers. landed bombs basically all night. jacobs grandmother had just died, and she raised him. he could have had 20 seconds to get up, he was still going ot get knocked ou tthat night.
                    On that night and at that stage of his career Pirog was the better fighter. Watching live, I could tell Jacobs was having difficulties with Pirog and I thought it would end in a stoppage. However, after watching a few more times I realized Jacobs handled himself well especially the circumstances he was dealing with. I disagree it was a beat down but yeah, Pirog was better and just a bad match up. I still wonder, especially after seeing his performance against Golovkin, if he would have been able to continue if the ref didn't push him back down. I'm not taking anything away from Pirog, it was a solid win.

Comment

Watched the fight yesterday

And it was a clean KD but I feel it was more to do with Jacobs being a bit off balance

That being said IMO jacobs deserved to win that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X