Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 interview with Malignaggi explains his frustration with Pac for "lack of respect"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 interview with Malignaggi explains his frustration with Pac for "lack of respect"

Found this 2008 interview a bit interesting. Could shed light into why Paulie Malignaggi is so obscene and abusive when talking about Pacquiao. Perhaps it was Pacquiao who disrespected him after all, and Paulie has been salty about it ever since.

Link: https://www.boxing247.com/weblog/archives/120060

Cliff notes:

J.S: You’ve gone on record as saying you think you may stop Hatton. Do you think that will come due to your accumulation of on-target punches?

P.M: I know Hatton is a fighter who has never had the best of chins. People can say what they want [about my chances of stopping him], but I feel Hatton is vulnerable to punches and he’s not hard to hit at all. He’s still determined, but I don’t think he’s the same fighter as he was when he beat Kostya Tszyu. I don’t know if it’s all the punches he’s taken in his fights or his bad lifestyle, but Ricky’s definitely not the fighter he was. But he’s still the man on the mountain top at 140 pounds. I have to beat him to get the credit. Ricky Hatton is THE name at 140 still.
    J.S: If you beat him, you will likely end his career. Is that your mindset going in?

P.M: Not really. I mean, I’m not looking at his future after this fight, I’m only looking at mine. The way I see it, I’d give Ricky a rematch just as soon as I’ve punished Manny Pacquiao. I am really angry at the complete lack of respect Manny Pacquiao has been giving me. I mean, he’s been talking about fighting Hatton next, when Hatton hasn’t even got past me yet! I’ve worked very hard to get where I am in my career, and for Pacquiao to completely take that away from me by disrespecting me – that makes me really want to punish him after I beat Hatton. But then, afterwards, I would be happy to give Ricky a rematch.

I know my guy hectari is gonna be all over this one. Have at it though.

Comment

Didnt we just have a thread about this quote last night?

Paulie used to be one of my favorite fighters, but dude is just a fucking hater. Period. Cant stand that Pac came up from a lower weight and demolished two guys that beat Paulies ass.

A lot of fighters throw shade like that, but not to the degree that Paulie does or with the transparency. Sour grapes for his bitch ass.

Comment

Comment

i am a hater, but i am great at hating. Paulie is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            So what do you think it is? Is it because Pac disrespected him, or maybe he really does think he was on steroids? Or maybe hectari is right and Paulie is upset that a little Asian kid from a 3rd world country came to his country and became what Paulie thought he was supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
              So what do you think it is? Is it because Pac disrespected him, or maybe he really does think he was on steroids? Or maybe hectari is right and Paulie is upset that a little Asian kid from a 3rd world country came to his country and became what Paulie thought he was supposed to be?
              Probably all 3 imo. Paulie was very proud of lasting 12 rounds with the great Miguel Cotto, and Pac knocking him out hurt dem feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Didnt we just have a thread about this quote last night?

Paulie used to be one of my favorite fighters, but dude is just a fucking hater. Period. Cant stand that Pac came up from a lower weight and demolished two guys that beat Paulies ass.

A lot of fighters throw shade like that, but not to the degree that Paulie does or with the transparency. Sour grapes for his bitch ass.
                Yep. He's nothing more than a whiny, bitter punk that can't get over his delusions.

Comment

So, that's what the little prick is upset about. What a bitter fk he sounds like when he gets rabid about Pac. Makes him seem even less relevant acting like that.

Comment

Pacquiao needs to fight Paulie.

Comment

Working...
                    X