Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would have been a tougher opponent for ray leonard/donny lalonde or Iran Barkly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would have been a tougher opponent for ray leonard/donny lalonde or Iran Barkly?

assuming at the time of the lalonde fight and at 168. My thoughts are that lalonde had excellent right but no left hand do to a hockey injury and barkley was a two handed bomber that may have cut more than Donny.

Were there talks of Leonard fighting Barkley? I heard talks in interviews when watching his career of Palomino and Cuevas, but not Barkley. I'd say Barkley would be tougher, which is why Leonard fought Lalonde. Seems like he started cherry picking after the second Duran fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Were there talks of Leonard fighting Barkley? I heard talks in interviews when watching his career of Palomino and Cuevas, but not Barkley. I'd say Barkley would be tougher, which is why Leonard fought Lalonde. Seems like he started cherry picking after the second Duran fight.
      No there were no talks to fight barkly so I am just putting it out there. Leonard was after Lalonde lhw title plus the newly formed smw title. I agree with you about leonard's cherry picking but it included the second duran fight. He knew he would not be fighting the same well prepared fighter he faced in the first contest.

Comment

lalonde looked about two steps behind leonard so anyone like barkley who competed world class from 160-175 woulda been tougher for leonard. he sure wouldn't have knocked barkly out. iran ate punches like candy not like pete ranzany or chiaverini did but iran ate da shots and kept on swingin.

Comment

Working...
        X