Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else shifting their attention to the Heavyweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else shifting their attention to the Heavyweight division?

I was not a fan of the Klitschko era, so I didn't catch any HW bouts live. I saw all the HW fights as either unexciting (say I don't know **** about boxing) or a mismatch. I mean, if I heard about a good HW fight, I'd watch the replay on youtube, but I never watched em live. But now, I see a lot of potential for there to be good, exciting HW matchups in the near future, with prospects like Ortiz, Joshua, Parker and Wilder.

As for the lower weight divisions, my interest is waning. I'm getting sick of waste-of-time fights and waiting for the best to fight the best (still not happening in HW yet either). I think my love for lighter weight match ups has been eaten away by all the bull****. I used to be a die hard Danny Garcia fan since he beat Morales, but ever since the Matthysse fight, I've found myself uninterested in his fights (Garcia-Guerrero was good though). Golovkin's one hell of a fighter, but I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get to see him in there with a legit threat. Canelo-Khan is a joke. Kovalev, who's gonna beat him, since it doesn't look like the fight with Adonis will ever get made? Terence Crawford, I don't see anyone except Verdejo giving him problems, but when will that happen? I'm sick of reading announcements for meaningless tune-up fights and stuff the fans don't wanna see, like Pacquiao-Bradley 4 (I'll still watch it, but it's not a can't-miss fight to me).
    One fight I am looking forward to is Thurman-Porter, but after that, I only see Kell Brook (what's happening with him?) being a challenge and maybe Crawford if he moved up. What's happening with Lomachenko and his division? I heard he could be facing Walters, but I'm not getting my hopes up..

I'm not breaking up with the lighter weight divisions, I just feel like the heavyweight will soon be the division to watch

Ah, the Mens division.

Hopefully we get some good fights.

Comment

As a relatively new boxing fan (~4 years truly following, but I'm Filipino so you know..) yes I am very excited about the Heavyweight division.

Fury is the KING right now. Personally, I see Joshua as the biggest threat in the future so this Martin fight coming up is very interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        As a relatively new boxing fan (~4 years truly following, but I'm Filipino so you know..) yes I am very excited about the Heavyweight division.

Fury is the KING right now. Personally, I see Joshua as the biggest threat in the future so this Martin fight coming up is very interesting to me.
        Yeah while I didn't particularly enjoy Fury-Wlad, I think his size will make it hard for anyone. I'd love to see Fury-Joshua, I say either guy could pull off a KO in that fight.

Comment

Working...
        X