Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here seen Invisible War (documentary)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the sarcasm wasn't detected. . .

It was just a proper piss-take. . .

The issues raised in this movie is a very important one, that is overlooked, and rarely discussed.

I'll check out this doc after finals. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
      not even close to what i said.

there are other solutions,

- have femals serve in all female units, still withen the military, no need having units of say 40 men with like 3 females, its kinda asking for this kinda thing to happen
      - harsher code of cunduct laws on the men who do perpatrate,

on that note, how would YOU handle the situation?
      You have to change the culture in the military that considers rape victims to have been "asking for it" by joining up in the first place, as has been suggested in this thread.

I think you also have to combat the sexual-dominance culture that is curiously American. After all in the United States prison rape is endemic. Prison rape is relatively unheard of outside the US because there's no culture of sexual dominance and no ridiculous notion that "It's not gay if my partner is unwilling".

Oh and to change the culture you have to severely punish the perpetrators and severely punish any officer who allows it to happen. Shame them in the same way rapists are shamed in the UK for example. Shame them in the same way that perpetrators of sexual violence against children are shamed in the US.

Comment

Working...
      X