No announcement yet.

Cotto calls out Arum for lying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    How right you are. It takes boxingScene crappers to see through Arum. Like you..... If you had real reasons for your pathological hatreds, I'd say nothing, but you and your buddies are coml[letely irratioal. There's a name for it.....
    ok...so how much does Arum pay you?!?...you MUST be on the oldman's payroll because I can see no other reason for you to be defending that oldman....anyway, tell the old dude we waiting on that new stadium...smh

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      There is a difference between "lying" and "the situation has changed".

He just fought Floyd at 154. He felt strong and fast. So he has decided not to fight below that.

Why is that a problem? That's not hypocrisy. That is a new situation.
      Item 2 is from january. If the situation has changed, he can pass, but he has no right to say Team Pac is trying to take advantage of him for offering something he requested earlier this year, It's hypocrisy plain and simple.

Then there's the small matter of him requesting a CW with that rehydration clause against Marg. Do you know of another champ that requested to defend at a CW? How about with a rehydration clause, against a one eyed bum?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Item 2 is from january. If the situation has changed, he can pass, but he has no right to say Team Pac is trying to take advantage of him for offering something he requested earlier this year, It's hypocrisy plain and simple.

Then there's the small matter of him requesting a CW with that rehydration clause against Marg. Do you know of another champ that requested to defend at a CW? How about with a rehydration clause, against a one eyed bum?
        so the number 1 weapon used against Cotto since the Pac fall out has been his table talks with Team MARG for the rematch....be REAL, from who do you THINK Team Cotto learned how to deal like that?!?....and if Team Cotto didn't wanna give Marg a 7 figure pay day for whatever reasons and then turned around and gave him one, do you think they were gonna be lions or lambs at the table?!?....BE REAL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          so the number 1 weapon used against Cotto since the Pac fall out has been his table talks with Team MARG for the rematch....be REAL, from who do you THINK Team Cotto learned how to deal like that?!?....and if Team Cotto didn't wanna give Marg a 7 figure pay day for whatever reasons and then turned around and gave him one, do you think they were gonna be lions or lambs at the table?!?....BE REAL!!!!
          What did he learn? To drain himself to gain a small edge over a non top 20 ranked one eyed bum? If he's gonna go to those lengths, it's clear the guy has no respect for his own body. How can he expect any better from Pac or anyone else?

Comment

Just goes to show that no amount of money can make boxers like Cotto and Mayweather fight a fighter they think they can't beat. They'd rather fight somebody else and make less. Bradley and Marquez, for example, will never refuse a fight if it involves the superstar of boxing. Why? Go figure. Pacquiao, we all know, can't even make 150. If that is not a disadvantage, I don't know what is. Besides, whatever happened to these talks about how Pac is no longer in his prime? That he has slowed down, or already done?
            Last edited by Bullrider; 10-06-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
              Just goes to show that no amount of money can make boxers like Cotto and Mayweather fight a fighter they think they can't beat. They'd rather fight somebody else and make less. Bradley and Marquez, for example, will never refuse a fight if it involves the superstar of boxing. Why? Go figure. Pacquiao, we all know, can't even make 150. If that is not a disadvantage, I don't know what is. Besides, whatever happened to these talks about how Pac is no longer in his prime? That he has slowed down, or already done?
              so why the hell was Team Pac TRYING to get Cotto AGAIN if Manny can't even make the weight?!?....doesn't make any logical sense imo to pursue a Cotto fight IF they have so much of a size difference

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                Or it goes to show that Pacquiao is so concerned that he can't beat someone, who mind you, he already beat, without a catchweight. He fought the guy at a catchweight and won, he's feeling like things aren't going his way based on his last two appearances that he wants to fight a guy who is stylistically right for him, but is concerned that if he's at his natural weight, he'll be more competitive, so he's seeking another advantage by making him drain down even more, that way he can look good again, and say "See Floyd, I beat people better than you do"

Pacquiao with these catchweights are just showing their true fraudulent selfs. The sad thing, he use to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Or it goes to show that Pacquiao is so concerned that he can't beat someone, who mind you, he already beat, without a catchweight. He fought the guy at a catchweight and won, he's feeling like things aren't going his way based on his last two appearances that he wants to fight a guy who is stylistically right for him, but is concerned that if he's at his natural weight, he'll be more competitive, so he's seeking another advantage by making him drain down even more, that way he can look good again, and say "See Floyd, I beat people better than you do"

Pacquiao with these catchweights are just showing their true fraudulent selfs. The sad thing, he use to be great.
                  Read item 2 from my post on the previous page. Pac doesn't wanna fight above 147 anymore. 147 is not a catchweight. Cotto said 150+ or no fight, then turned tail and ran when 150 was offered. It's fine for him to pass, a bit fickle, but him saying Pac is trying to take advantage of him by offering what he requested in January of this year is as low as it gets.

The reason Pac will not offer 154 is due to a general principle: he's never fighting at 154. He'll stick to his 7th weightclass, which is a world record, you know.

PS: You really massacred Uchiyama's name

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Old news. We posted this like two weeks ago....
                    I read the one you're talking about, but this one is better IMO. The title doesn't beat around the bush. It calls Arum what he really is. While BS posted some fairy title.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Read item 2 from my post on the previous page. Pac doesn't wanna fight above 147 anymore. 147 is not a catchweight. Cotto said 150+ or no fight, then turned tail and ran when 150 was offered. It's fine for him to pass, a bit fickle, but him saying Pac is trying to take advantage of him by offering what he requested in January of this year is as low as it gets.

The reason Pac will not offer 154 is due to a general principle: he's never fighting at 154. He'll stick to his 7th weightclass, which is a world record, you know.

PS: You really massacred Uchiyama's name
                      Then don't call him out for a catchweight. Its just generally stupid to think that the biggest moneymaker in the world offered you a fight, at your current weightclass, glove size and all, with your biggest purse. January means nothing, when five months later, the situation was changed and he got the Mayweather fight. So what happened in January is irrelevant, because his stock rose from the Mayweather fight, and if he got the biggest purse of his life in may from Mayweather, along with his desired weight class. Why should he accept that from someone who will bring him less $?

If Mayweather didn't force a catchweight, why should Cotto accept a new one, for less money than he made against Mayweather? Doesn't make sense.

So yeah, Pac is trying to take advantage of him. Hell Roach said that when the first fight was signed, that the catchweight was designed to take advantage. So its not like its an invented excuse, when their own team says that is the point of a catchweight.

Cotto fought Mayweather under ideal terms, Pacquiao should have the wherewithal to come correct. He didn't because he's as aloof and dense as they come, and now he's fighting Marquez, and will look worse off than he already does.

And I realized I butchered the name, too lazy to change and I like that I can pronounce it better under that fake name

Comment

Working...
                      X