Immigration law is threatening farm labor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration law is threatening farm labor

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...iref=allsearch

Law HB87 is already starting to ruin farmers in Georgia. The U.S Government and the Georgia government has warned of the lack of laborers if this law passes.

They are planning to hire prisoners to replace these workers but of course, farmers don't want convicted inmates on their properties with their families.

It will also hurt local economy since these laborers spend the vast majority of their money within those communities.

Republicans are passing laws to enhance their careers at the expense of the American farmer and consumer.

Expect prices to sky rocket very soon if this trend continues.

Food prices are already skyrocketing.

Anyway, I can't believe no ones said anything about the millions of Americans trying to work in the farm industry but they can't because illegals have all the jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

Anyway, I can't believe no ones said anything about the millions of Americans trying to work in the farm industry but they can't because illegals have all the jobs.
      What Obama should do is for the states with the farming industry and using the immigrants as their workers and no longer can due to the new laws is give the people on unemployment an option, for instance:::::: if you dont want to work in this available job then you lose your unemployment compensation unless say of course your physically unable to which can be proven and written off by a doctor, not just someone saying I'm physically unable to do it because my back hurts or my leg hurts ect ect. Not only would this lower the unemployment rates it would raise the economy and save on billions in unemployment compensation payed out to lazy people who find it easier to collect than actually taking the time to find a job and or actually working one.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I know no one that wants to take a job working in the sun for more than 5 hours picking produce. no one.

Comment

but people sure do love to collect free money paid by the working tax payers when it comes to unemployment compensation now dont they. Sort of like when people have kids over and over and over and cant pay for them but the government will ehh. Gotta love America baby!

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
            but people sure do love to collect free money paid by the working tax payers when it comes to unemployment compensation now dont they. Sort of like when people have kids over and over and over and cant pay for them but the government will ehh. Gotta love America baby!

Everything needs to be abolished, except pension.

Since none of us can escape aging/getting old, I figure if one has worked for four decades and survived, paying into the system, he/she has more than earned a safety net.

Everything else not related to aging, get rid of it. Including giving Medical cards to people who are "disabled", but really are just self inflicted obese people, who now have diabetes, heat problems, sleep apnea etc,. and need 5 or 10 different prescription drugs, insulin, etc,.

Give the medical card to responsible seniors who have stayed in shape, and made it to old age in all pieces.

That's my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Everything needs to be abolished, except pension.

Since none of us can escape aging/getting old, I figure if one has worked for four decades and survived, paying into the system, he/she has more than earned a safety net.

Everything else not related to aging, get rid of it. Including giving Medical cards to people who are "disabled", but really are just self inflicted obese people, who now have diabetes, heat problems, sleep apnea etc,. and need 5 or 10 different prescription drugs, insulin, etc,.

Give the medical card to responsible seniors who have stayed in shape, and made it to old age in all pieces.

That's my two cents.
              your right to an extent but in a sense to me that would require in my opinion everyone to go get a medical check up therefore raising the medical cost's in the long run and who really makes out in the long run there? The dr's and politicians because medical care has as much to do with the government as it does the people if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I know no one that wants to take a job working in the sun for more than 5 hours picking produce. no one.

I was being sarcastic

Comment

Working...
                X