Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fought and beat Pac, would you still consider him a ducker historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather fought and beat Pac, would you still consider him a ducker historically

If Mayweather fought and beat Pac, would you still consider him a ducker historically?

I would personally, he hasn't done enough consistently against the best fighters, at! their best.

The damage Mayweather has done to his reputation is irreversible imo, he had a chance to patch up his rep when the WW division was stacked with fighters, yet he decided to retire when the division was at its hottest, and only came back when many of those fighters were considered past it, shot, or too old, now i dont see where his opportunities are to make up for that, Pac alone wont do it for me, it will be a one off fight to steal the glory of what Pac has earned for himself, which to me, seems like a con trick.
    Yes i would consider him a ducker
    49.06%
    No Iw ouldn't, if he beats Pac he deserves props
    50.94%

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    If Mayweather fought and beat Pac, would you still consider him a ducker historically?

I would personally, he hasn't done enough consistently against the best fighters, at! their best.

The damage Mayweather has done to his reputation is irreversible imo, he had a chance to patch up his rep when the WW division was stacked with fighters, yet he decided to retire when the division was at its hottest, and only came back when many of those fighters were considered past it, shot, or too old, now i dont see where his opportunities are to make up for that, Pac alone wont do it for me, it will be a one off fight to steal the glory of what Pac has earned for himself, which to me, seems like a con trick.
    Floyd ducked legacy, no doubt. I think stylistically he wins a fight with Pac. Keeps him where he is all time great list, tho. Pac still gets ranked hire due to resume

Comment

It doesn't matter anymore. His going to jail

Comment

To duck a man means that you had to fight him, and you didn't..or you just flat out say no. Ducking is not who fans think a fighter should fight, and did not fight... Floyd did not start at 135, 140 or 147, and he has not fought any Top Rank fighters ever since he left Top Rank. The ducking accusations stem from Arum's pathetic smear campaign of Floyd which is believed by *******s and haters of Floyd.

Comment

Depends on his performance against Pac, even if Pac loses it wouldn't be that all damaging to his legacy even though he's #1 p4p but that's not the case with Mayweather. I really hope he goes up against Pac and also another big name like Martinez. Had he fought Pac in early 2009 it would of been enough, but the whole fiasco of the Pac-Mayweather negotiations has killed the hype imo until another round of negotiation begins.

Comment

all his fans would just say he didn't duck pac, he just wanted an even playing field!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              If .
              Theres so many IFS on this forum, just dont think about the fight until its confirmed

Comment

Yes, BIG IF. I thought the negotiations would've gotten better at this point, but you've got:

1) His and Roger's court trials
                2) GBP and Top Rank going at it for Pac's fight shares and JCC Jr.
                3) Pacquiao's Congressional job

The only things that were helping the hype were Floyd's rants on video and twitter via 50 Cent LOL. Even so, he says all this after missing the fight deadline.

This all makes the OST fiasco seem like an afterthought.

Comment

Well if he beats Pac, historically he wont be compared to Ali for braveness will he be?

You cant reverse the damage hes already done to his reputation. You cant make up for it with one fight. He still ducked Cotto and Margarito and SMM when SSM was younger.
                  He still only fought hatton at 147 and asked for referee help and he fought JMM at 147. He still has asked for OSDT like no one in history has.
                  So he isnt a risk taker so yes ducker still applies to him. He worked hard to earn himself that reputation so dont ruin it for him.

But i would give him props for beating Pac of course so there isnt a vote for me really.

Comment

I agree with you bro hugh floyd deserve props if he beats pac and have to add that he needs a couple more perceived dangerous fights to erase the stigma of being called a ducker .... i.e williams & martinez

Comment

Working...
                    X