Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What consists of your typical boxing training session?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What consists of your typical boxing training session?

As the title says - post your typical training routine in your boxing gym.

Stretch - 5/10 mins

Shadow box - 3x3 min rounds (2 rounds are with small handweights)

Bagwork, various bags - 6x3 minute rounds

Circuit training - 6x3 minute rounds

Finish up with sit ups, press ups etc - usually for around 10-15 minutes.

We also work on technique a few times a week, and also padwork.

Also, on the nights we are sparring, we reduce the amount of time spent on bags and maybe only do 4x3 min rounds on circuit training.

100% the same as you.

Stretch - 5/10 mins

Shadow box - 3x3 min rounds (2 rounds are with small handweights)

Bagwork, various bags - 6x3 minute rounds

Circuit training - 6x3 minute rounds

Finish up with sit ups, press ups etc - usually for around 10-15 minutes.

We also work on technique a few times a week, and also padwork.

Also, on the nights we are sparring, we reduce the amount of time spent on bags and maybe only do 4x3 min rounds on circuit training.

oh apart from when we go out running doing cardio.

Comment

Same as well really.

Comment

Well in a boxing gym, monday wednesday and friday

start off doing 10 - 15 minute warm up

shadow box for 4 - 2min

skip 3 - 3s

heavybag 4 -2s, pads 3 - 2s, spar 4/5 rounds

shadow box infront of mirror few rounds

skip really fast for a min and 30 sec slow down, x 6

circuit 10 excersises, 15 reps, 4 sets

stretch out

this varies on depending if im sparring, for example. sometimes when i spar i wouldnt hit the pads for 3 2min rounds. i migth just do 1 round but not over training. i might slow down on the circuit and work certain areas

i sometimes go on head and floor ball and speedball. 4 - 2mins each

Comment

sounds like those circuits are less than an hour long.

Comment

This is one of my basic workouts I give the guys at my gym.

To start we do warm ups. Mostly stretching, jump rope, sit ups and calisthenics.

After that we run. I make them run about 2-3 miles outside.

Then we begin the workout.

Then I pair them off and we do individual technique training. Slipping jabs, right hands, bobbing and weaving under hooks etc.

That goes on for about 4-6 rounds.

Then we do heavy bag work about 4-6 rounds, while this is happening, I usually take 2 fighters into the ring with me and work individual mitts with them and we alternate until I get everyone in class.

I work with what they specifically need depending on the fighter.

Then we run again, this time like 1-2 miles.

Then we come back and do final cardio, which consists of many different things until they are gassed. Then I make them do final ab work and we are done.

On the nights we spar I lighten the load a bit and we spar at the end of training for about 3 rounds.

Sometimes I will have individual guys do the speed bag that need it or the double end bag.

I also work in the technical stuff with footwork, stretching a rope so they can go under it...things like that.

I try and keep the routine fresh so they don't know what's coming. Keeps them on their toes and makes them learn everything in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
              This is one of my basic workouts I give the guys at my gym.

To start we do warm ups. Mostly stretching, jump rope, sit ups and calisthenics.

After that we run. I make them run about 2-3 miles outside.

Then we begin the workout.

Then I pair them off and we do individual technique training. Slipping jabs, right hands, bobbing and weaving under hooks etc.

That goes on for about 4-6 rounds.

Then we do heavy bag work about 4-6 rounds, while this is happening, I usually take 2 fighters into the ring with me and work individual mitts with them and we alternate until I get everyone in class.

I work with what they specifically need depending on the fighter.

Then we run again, this time like 1-2 miles.

Then we come back and do final cardio, which consists of many different things until they are gassed. Then I make them do final ab work and we are done.

On the nights we spar I lighten the load a bit and we spar at the end of training for about 3 rounds.

Sometimes I will have individual guys do the speed bag that need it or the double end bag.

I also work in the technical stuff with footwork, stretching a rope so they can go under it...things like that.

I try and keep the routine fresh so they don't know what's coming. Keeps them on their toes and makes them learn everything in the gym.
              wow im glad i dont go to your gym lol. i get gassed after a 2 mile run haha. but i havent really done any training for 4 months, wish i didnt stop now, reading that i realised that i could probably do that if i ran a lot and still went to the gym.

how much do you charge at your gym?

good thing is im going to start again and its nearly summer so im gonna swim aswell

Comment

I like to focus on shadowboxing a lot. On Mondays and Fridays, I do 12 rounds shadowboxing along with heavy bag for 3 rounds. T, W, Th are sparring days where I go for 3-4 rounds along with 5 or so rounds shadowboxing.

After technique, I do 6 rounds jump rope, after each round I do 7 (number will increase) pullups. Sometimes I replace 2 rounds with shadowboxing with 2 lb dumbbells.

Then I go for a 1.5 mile run mixing in sprints. Finish off with pushups and squats.

So basically running, jumprope, resistance training, and shadowboxing.

Comment

its harder than urs is all i got to say.......

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
                    its harder than urs is all i got to say.......
                    post your routine brah

Comment

Working...
                    X