Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor-Froch II, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People act like Jermain was pitching a shutout before the last round. I think I had him up by about two rounds, ie. it was a close fight. I think if they fight again, maybe in the super six final, I think it will be a close fight again and wouldn't like to pick a winner, but if I had to I'd go for a Froch TKO in the later rounds.

I got Taylor beating Abraham by decision in the first round of the super six by the way...as long as he trains extra hard.

Comment

froch by ko/tko

i think taylor is getting worse

Comment

Froch KO's him again.

Comment

I don't know...

A lot of people including myself thought he would get KO'ed again in the rematch with Pavlik. He didn't win but he did make it all the way through without getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
            Froch has Jermain figured out now. 5th to 6th round KO to Froch.
            Just like Pavlik figured Taylor out after KO'ing him the first time, and was able to KO him again?

Wait, that never happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Peder View Post
              Froch got damn lucky last time. Taylor should be able to improve his stamina by at least 30 sec...
              Taylor by UD
              It's easy to point the finger and say JT's a lazy trainer or lacks concentration. But you have to remember that he's fighting a known heavy hitter who appears to enjoy pulverising people to a bloody mess over thirty six minutes. The only defence JT has is offence because the moment Froch notices nothing coming back the other way he'll go for the kill. Unfortunately for Taylor, trading with Froch is precisely the thing that will cause him to gas in the latter rounds.

To be perfectly honest I thought he gave it a damned good try. Some of his technical work in the fight was excellent and he showed no shortage of passion, courage and determination. Certainly he deserves more credit than many in this forum have afforded him.

Froch is too much for him. Whilst not an absolute one punch KO artist he does hit with enormous power. His uppercut is the weirdest I've seen in years. He throws it from a mile out with a wicked corkscrew action. His chin is solid. His fitness is unquestionable (watch the Pascal fight). He's in his prime and - most importantly - he's HUNGRY. You can see the ambition in his eyes whenever he's being interviewed.

You say Froch was very lucky and Taylor needs only to improve his fitness to win. That's your opinion. But it begs the question - is there anything Froch could do to improve his chances? And the answer to that is - absolutely. By his standards he fought an awful bout. It took until rounds three and four for him to get over the unique American fight atmosphere (the lights, the cameras etc.) and defence was so lax at times Taylor practically had a free hit.

In a rematch you'd have to expect he'd tighten up his game significantly. Taylor's speed and accuracy would continue to cause him problems, but now he knows that when the championship rounds arrive he can walk through Taylor's best efforts with impunity.

I just don't think JT can beat him and any rematch would see him take needless punishment.

Comment

I believe Taylor can still contend.

Comment

Working...
                X