Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Enemies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already familiar with the 30's gangsters so there is no point in seeing this movie .

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
      I'm already familiar with the 30's gangsters so there is no point in seeing this movie .
      Dillinger's real life is much more interesting than the movie. The movie went for this middle ground bull **** that failed miserably. They tried to make Purvis into some sort of police mastermind instead of the blundering fool he was; to the point that he had to be removed from the case because of how bad he was.

Comment

A Media teacher of mine went to see it a while back, he said Bale was ****, and he fell asleep in it

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          A Media teacher of mine went to see it a while back, he said Bale was ****, and he fell asleep in it
          I didn't fall asleep but I was honest to god BORED. Like, I see a lot of films. I make it a big deal to watch anything worth seeing in theaters and I'm constantly downloading or watching new movies or old movies I've never seen before.

I like long movies that give me time to sink into my seat and be engaged by the characters. I checked my phone to see the time numerous times I was so bored. Outside of the first 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes it was simply boring. Sleep inducibley boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
            It's a movie not a documentary.

Comment

Gomez, the gun battles, where they as vivid and intense as Mann's Heat?..

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella Loc View Post
                They tried to keep it very accurate to the time in many aspects and has a lot of very historically accurate parts in the movie that are often mistaken in history. In the final scene of the movie the madam is properly displayed as having an orange skirt despite numerous reports at the time of it being red. However, anything involving the police aspect was pretty much blatantly incorrect.

There was a lot of research put into this film and it shows... it's just a shame they used it so poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                  I didn't fall asleep but I was honest to god BORED. Like, I see a lot of films. I make it a big deal to watch anything worth seeing in theaters and I'm constantly downloading or watching new movies or old movies I've never seen before.

I like long movies that give me time to sink into my seat and be engaged by the characters. I checked my phone to see the time numerous times I was so bored. Outside of the first 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes it was simply boring. Sleep inducibley boring.
                  I was tempted to go see it, I used to like Bale, but after hearing a few reviews, and seeing Bales aweful performance in Terminator Salvation... I think i'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella Loc View Post
                    i know that.
                    but i said i was familiar with what happened during the 30's with the bank robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Gomez, the gun battles, where they as vivid and intense as Mann's Heat?..
                      They were well done. As I said; from a technical stand point the movie was fantastic. The acting, cinematography, lighting, sound, visuals, etc were all fantastic. It has Mann's style of gritty battles with the crackling of the guns echoing.

Comment

Working...
                      X