No announcement yet.

30 Minutes A Day On My Speed Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Minutes A Day On My Speed Bag

Ive benn consistant on the speed bag eveyday for the last month. today though i did 2 hours straight and my arms feel like noodles. how often do you guys hit the speed bag?

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Ive benn consistant on the speed bag eveyday for the last month. today though i did 2 hours straight and my arms feel like noodles. how often do you guys hit the speed bag?
    no i dont have a speed bag.

do you use it to enhance the sharpness of your back hand for deflecting punches?

or do you do all kinds of stuff on it throw in some 360's, elbows, headbutts, and never really use it for what it was made for?

and if you do use it to enhance the sharpness of your back hand for deflecting, have you noticed a difference since you started regularly using the speed bag?

im thinking about maybe getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
      no i dont have a speed bag.

do you use it to enhance the sharpness of your back hand for deflecting punches?

or do you do all kinds of stuff on it throw in some 360's, elbows, headbutts, and never really use it for what it was made for?

and if you do use it to enhance the sharpness of your back hand for deflecting, have you noticed a difference since you started regularly using the speed bag?

im thinking about maybe getting one.
      it took me a long time to get the back hand timing down but now thats practically all i do. im not the fastest but i maintain a good speed and switch up the rhythm and switch to the regular style pretty good.

Comment

it took me a long time to get the back hand timing down but now thats practically all i do. im not the fastest but i maintain a good speed and switch up the rhythm and switch to the regular style pretty good.
        do you know why there are small bags and big bags? like are the bigger bags easier? or is it just a matter of size to match the boxers size?

Comment

smalller the bag the more accurate you have to be. ill have to check what size mine is. its the shane mosley everlast speedbag. bought it at big5.

Comment

smalller the bag the more accurate you have to be. ill have to check what size mine is. its the shane mosley everlast speedbag. bought it at big5.
            I allways see the older guys (1920 ish films) with the huge speed bags, so maybe theres something about them that make em better ill probly be getting my self a nice 10" x 12" speed bag.

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
              I allways see the older guys (1920 ish films) with the huge speed bags, so maybe theres something about them that make em better ill probly be getting my self a nice 10" x 12" speed bag.

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html
              yeah actually watching old sugar ray robinson clips is what helped me get my back hand down. he was awesome at it

Comment

2 hours straight on the speed bag.

Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  2 hours straight on the speed bag.

Right.
                  breaks with water but thats it. 2 hours dedicated on the speed bag. i never said i didnt take breaks or even break rhythm thats just the longest ive ever dedicated to the speed bag alone.

Comment

You said 2 hours straight, that means no breaks

Why did you spend so long on it?

Comment

Working...
                    X