Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Mayweathers fighting Mosley, he ain't a ducker no more is he?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some thoughts...
    I'd say it's a step in the right direction. He would need to fight at least two more to lose that "title".

Additionally, I do feel that after the Pac/Floyd fallout, Mayweather had no choice but to fight Mosely. If he fought anyone of lesser caliber (or weight) then he would have been critized much more.

In the past I personally was frusterated with some of the decisions Floyd made, but I don't want to call Floyd a "ducker" (anymore) I just understand that he treats boxing as a business. Mayweather's objective is money, therefore if it is ecomically feasible to fighter XXX, then he will fight. In this particular time while Clottey fights Pac, Mayweather had to make the decision to fight someone equally compelling if not more. That person is Mosely. There is history b/w the two, there was a confrontation, they are both great boxers. Arguably one of the "dream" fights of our times (at least for me). Ducker??? eh...it's debatable...but as of right now...I just want him to be best he can be without dwelling on politics, money and egos.

Comment

Originally posted by iHateThePacMan View Post
      Fighting Pwill will silence the crowd
      The Floyd haters will tell you Pwill lacks defence, got low boxing IQ and dude lost to Quintana so Floyd needs to fight somebody and stop being a ducker.

Comment

[QUOTE=J.Dempsey;7373489]Well?

I don't think any boxer ducks IMO coz if u got balls to get in the ring ur all good in my books, but here's floyd who's branded the biggest ducker at the moment fighting A full dangerous welterweight, he ain't a ducker anymore then??[/QUOTE

I reserve judgement until they actually fight.

If they fight, Floyd definitely gains back some respect in my book. Then he fights Manny without looking for a way out and cleans out WW, he gets all due respect.

Comment

Mosely is a step in the right direction, but probably not enough to undo all the ducking... he needs at least 1 maybe even 2 big fights against great opposition.

Much like Calzaghe, Calzaghe fought/exposed an undefeated unbeatable jeff lacy (alot of us were on the lacy band wagon before that fight) Calzeghe also beat Bernard Hopkins (that fight to me is the same as floyds fight with mosely as far as challenging top opposition goes), We got Kessler and Jones jr on the list too, but Joe is still concidered a Ducker and someone who never fought the best...

To me that shows Mayweather will have to fight more than mosely before he gets credit... perhaps if he goes life and death with mosely then its enough, but most likely if he beats mosely it'll be like joes victory over hopkins.... "who cares that he won that, he couldn't have beaten a prime mosely... why doesn't he fight a prime fighter"

Best thing for him here would be to go life or death with shane, make shane look prime, then beat him

Comment

Waiting till the man is damn near 40 years old is worse than ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Waiting till the man is damn near 40 years old is worse than ducking.
              Man get ur godman facts str8.

Floyds been calling out Shane his whole career. Shane NEVER wanted the fight until Floyd became a STAR.

Right now Shane is the P4P Number 3 and the Number 1 WW in the world and Lineal Champion.

Get ur facts str8.

Comment

Working...
              X