Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Spence the "hardest" fight at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman vs Garcia is probably the better fight in terms of both guys being more proven. But Spence vs Brook is a hell of a lot better than Khan vs Brook.

Spence isnt just any old prospect. He is clearly a very good fighter. Plus Brook making 147 again is no mean feat. He already struggled before putting on more mass to fight GGG. Then you have the eye injury which historically come back to haunt fighters even after they are supposed to have healed. There is a lot of intrigue in this match up. Im actually leaning towards Spence right now because of Brooks eye and weight issues.

If Khan can get Pac then thats great. And it represents a move towards sorting this division out. But realistically Khan is only a borderline top 10 WW atm, and Pac has been past prime for ever now. Pretty much waiting for him to fall off the cliff before (hopefully) retiring. This isnt as good a fight as Thurman vs Garcia or Brook vs Spence.

Comment

You're comparing a guy that's been around for 12 years to a guy that's been around for 5.

Brook should slap himself. Outside of GGG and his best win is Sean Porter in 12 years? Yeah okay...

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        He's not, it's just the American hype train. Once he gets hit by a puncher we will see.

I'm taking Kell Brook over him in London, in a close fight. Kell is so durable
        Spence ko brook at 147

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Brook should be at 154 calling out Cotto/Canelo or a testing the waters (of 154) domestic fight against Liam Smith, or fight Saunders at 160. Fighting Spence deserves credit because Brook is sacrificing all that bulking he did for the GGG fight to come back down to 147 and fight one of the most dangerous up and coming fighters. In other words, we could be seeing a "Dead on arrival" Kell Brook taking a risk at Spence of all people he coulda made a comeback fight with, he will fight a guy who's undefeated, fresh, has been in no wars, and is hungry.

WW is looking good, that's 6 top 10 WW's fighting each other. Brook vs Spence, Thurman vs DSG, Pacquiao vs Khan.
          Wait

I thought you were against testing the waters???

Or does it just apply to Tank???

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Wait

I thought you were against testing the waters???

Or does it just apply to Tank???
            So let me get this straight, dummie, Gervonta Davis, IBF Super featherweight champion, has to test the waters of Super featherweight?

How does this apply to Kell Brook, who has 0 fights at 154, and better yet 0 wins above 147?

Idiot, just stop posting already.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
              Khan's not even in my top 5 favourite fighters, I know the dude's family so I support him I'm not going anywhere if you can't handle a difference of opinion good luck in life pal
              There's a big difference in having a different opinion that makes sense, and one that is designed to smear someone with a false narrative just because he happens to be a rival of someone you defend to the hilt because you're the same race and religion. Big difference.

Comment

So let me get this straight, dummie, Gervonta Davis, IBF Super featherweight champion, has to test the waters of Super featherweight?

How does this apply to Kell Brook, who has 0 fights at 154, and better yet 0 wins above 147?

Kell Brook had his rematch at 152 with Carson Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  Kell Brook had his rematch at 152 with Carson Jones.
                  Fighting a bloated WW at 152 is not a testing waters fight though. Fighting a weak 154 contender, like Liam Smith, would be.

Comment

Stop acting like an overly sweetened fruitcake.

To you Davis at 22 is a ducker for not fighting Loma....but Brook at 31 is alowed to "test the waters" at 154.

Seems to me that you have the bar set higher for Tank..for some reason.

Comment

he is. High risk, low reward.

Comment

Working...
                      X