Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

most crooked boxing country (hometown decisions)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This poll is amusing because:

1. Robbery on NSB means "the guy I wanted to win took an L"

2. American fighters are among the most hated on NSB

3. So when American fighters win fights, they scream robbery

4. So the poll actually means "American fighters win all the time"

Thank you Andre Ward for making America great again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I am probably wasting my time but here goes
      How about Terry O' Connor physically carrying Cleverly back to his corner vs Kovalev?
      Or the absolute joke of a stoppage in Enzo Macrinelli vs Ovill McKenzie 1
      The hilariously premature hometown stoppages in Joe Calzaghes career at least a dozen. Watch any fight where O' Connor or Howard Foster refs you won't ever see more blatant corruption.

Terrible decisions, sure. A few from recent memory. How about Jamie McDonnell getting a gift decision in his last fight? Ricky Burns vs Ray Beltran. John McDermott vs Tyson Fury 1. Chris Jenkins vs Tyrone Nurse.
      Always the house fighter that gets 'the benefit of the doubt' prior to Crawford beating Burns you'd probably have to go as far back as when Bradley beat Witter for when a foreign fighter got a fair shake over here.
      I'm a Brit btw but being honest its bad over here and with British boxing at an all-time high its the last thing it needs.
      McDonnell bout was in Monaco, not the UK.

McDermott was the hometown Boy from Essex, fighting in Essex. both fighters were british and that bout was scored by one guy, which is why the BBOFC then instated a 3 judge rule for title fights.

Burns v Beltran was shady as ****.

Jenkins / Nurse 1 was close and could have gone either way but other than burns beltran i dont see an example youve given that says "foreigners" dont get a fair shake.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I am probably wasting my time but here goes
        How about Terry O' Connor physically carrying Cleverly back to his corner vs Kovalev?
        Or the absolute joke of a stoppage in Enzo Macrinelli vs Ovill McKenzie 1
        The hilariously premature hometown stoppages in Joe Calzaghes career at least a dozen. Watch any fight where O' Connor or Howard Foster refs you won't ever see more blatant corruption.

Terrible decisions, sure. A few from recent memory. How about Jamie McDonnell getting a gift decision in his last fight? Ricky Burns vs Ray Beltran. John McDermott vs Tyson Fury 1. Chris Jenkins vs Tyrone Nurse.
        Always the house fighter that gets 'the benefit of the doubt' prior to Crawford beating Burns you'd probably have to go as far back as when Bradley beat Witter for when a foreign fighter got a fair shake over here.
        I'm a Brit btw but being honest its bad over here and with British boxing at an all-time high its the last thing it needs.
        Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this...

O' conner was just about to stop the fight when the bell rung so had a hold of Cleverly. He then signalled to ringside that he wasn't stopping the fight, took two steps towards Cleverly' corner and just pushed him in that direction. He did not carry him back to his corner in any way, that's ridiculous.

If corruption was at play, why didn't O' conner DQ Kovalev for the two big shots he landed on Clev while he was down?? Kovalev didn't even get a warning.

The Calzaghe/Manfredo fight was a bit dodgy as far as quick stoppages go, but Manfredo wasn't exactly doing anything to show the ref that he still wanted to fight. He just shut down and didn't throw anything. In other earlier Calzaghe fights, they were just being badly outclassed so a stoppage was fair as there was no point in allowing it to continue. They weren't in the fight for even so much as a second.

Mcdonnel fight I scored a draw. Plus, it didn't take place in the UK so I don't know why you brought that into it.

Burns/Beltran was a legit robbery. No arguments against that crime.

Jenkins/Nurse was a close fight. No robbery there.

The USA does robberies all the time like they're going out of fashion. Plus they let American fighters use illegal tactics all the time without so much as giving warnings. This happens all the time. It doesn't in the UK. We may not be perfect, but it's a damn site better than Germany and the US. It's insulting for you to think otherwise.

Comment

las vegas is the most neutral venue for a boxing mathc on th eplanet. name a more neutral venue for a mega fight, please. i will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this...

O' conner was just about to stop the fight when the bell rung so had a hold of Cleverly. He then signalled to ringside that he wasn't stopping the fight, took two steps towards Cleverly' corner and just pushed him in that direction. He did not carry him back to his corner in any way, that's ridiculous.

If corruption was at play, why didn't O' conner DQ Kovalev for the two big shots he landed on Clev while he was down?? Kovalev didn't even get a warning.

The Calzaghe/Manfredo fight was a bit dodgy as far as quick stoppages go, but Manfredo wasn't exactly doing anything to show the ref that he still wanted to fight. He just shut down and didn't throw anything. In other earlier Calzaghe fights, they were just being badly outclassed so a stoppage was fair as there was no point in allowing it to continue. They weren't in the fight for even so much as a second.

Mcdonnel fight I scored a draw. Plus, it didn't take place in the UK so I don't know why you brought that into it.

Burns/Beltran was a legit robbery. No arguments against that crime.

Jenkins/Nurse was a close fight. No robbery there.

The USA does robberies all the time like they're going out of fashion. Plus they let American fighters use illegal tactics all the time without so much as giving warnings. This happens all the time. It doesn't in the UK. We may not be perfect, but it's a damn site better than Germany and the US. It's insulting for you to think otherwise.

go to 1:10, please

Comment

you british guys are genuinely deluded if you think the uk is a more neutral venue than las vegas. genuinely deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

go to 1:10, please
                Yes, and it shows exactly like I explained. If you want to see something else, then that's on you and your agenda.

LOL at Vegas being a neutral venue. There's been loads of robberies in Vegas. To think there hasn't, now that's deluded.

Comment

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
                  The NSAC is the most corrupt commission in the US and probably the world. lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    you british guys are genuinely deluded if you think the uk is a more neutral venue than las vegas. genuinely deluded.

The UK has had some ridiculous stoppages/interference by refs, seen quite a bit throughout the years.

I think they face a lot of pressure living on such a small island, everyone in close proximity to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Yes, and it shows exactly like I explained. If you want to see something else, then that's on you and your agenda.

LOL at Vegas being a neutral venue. There's been loads of robberies in Vegas. To think there hasn't, now that's deluded.

did i say it was perfect, strawman?

i said it is the most neutral venue in the world for a big fight. of course there iwll be robberies there, considering how many fights there are. that's where all of the big fights go!

again, name the more neutral venue. name it.

name it!

and LOL at you watching a ref carry a fighter back to his corner and have the nuts to say anything about the neutrality of a venue. deluded little shirelings.

Comment

Working...
                      X