Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Daggum, didn't Kov himself say he tired late? Additionally, most of the post fight analysis, even those that had kov winning, talk about his need to improve his stamina in the rematch?

I get you had Kov winning, as did I, but stop acting like this wasn't a close fight. even those that had kov winning had him by a slim margin.
    yes he got tired. ward got tired too....he can improve in the rematch. just like he did against pascal but that doesnt mean he fought a bad fight in the first fight. some people are just looking for things to prove ward won but the one area they will never find it in is in the punches and since this is boxing...

yes most had him winning by a somewhat close margin because they already gave all the close roudns to ward by default(but ward gets mistreated and no respect lol). there are simply no more rounds to give to ward and if you hand out the close rounds to both guys its not that close.
    Last edited by daggum; 02-22-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Some guys spent so much time before the fight whining about conspiracy theories that they couldn't even enjoy the fight.

The judges saw it for Ward. About 28% of media/journalists scoring at ringside had Ward winning.

Time to get over it.
      yea...its beginning to rival shoulder gate

I'd never thought Id see when a guy like Andre ward is one of the most hated on a boxing forum ...and i was around since the early 2000s on here and east side boxing.....the Roy Jones era with the he fought nobody era, the may-pac saga, etc.

Never would have thought Ward would be one of the most disliked boxers around......lol its got to be deeper than him being "boring"

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        he was wobbed i tell ya.....wooooobbed

if Kov won, it still wouldnt have been a robbery and the fight still would have been close.

they really wanted to see ward lose so bad, they threw logic out the window

its obvious some dont know how to properly score fights and leave their biase out of it
        yeah the people who scored the rounds for kov because he landed more and landed the higher quality head snapping shots don't know how to score. only the people who think lil taps to the body while in he clinch are worth more know how to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          yeah the people who scored the rounds for kov because he landed more and landed the higher quality head snapping shots don't know how to score. only the people who think lil taps to the body while in he clinch are worth more know how to score.
          dude

get over it

i wish you had this much to say in my thread about what Kovalev can do in the rematch to improve on his performance but hey....all fails...he was wobbed doe!!!!

if you dont think he can do any better just say so and get over the 1st fight

Comment

• Ward should go up and fight Usyk at cruiserweight

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              yes he got tired. ward got tired too....he can improve in the rematch. just like he did against pascal but that doesnt mean he fought a bad fight in the first fight. some people are just looking for things to prove ward won but the one area they will never find it in is in the punches and since this is boxing...

yes most had him winning by a somewhat close margin because they already gave all the close roudns to ward by default(but ward gets mistreated and no respect lol). there are simply no more rounds to give to ward and if you hand out the close rounds to both guys its not that close.
              So if he got tired, posters talking about him fading a bit isn't BS or false.

People that had Ward winning gave their reasons. Posers like you just refuse to listen to those reasons. Its ok if you disagree but to make it like everyone that felt Ward won has an agenda is ridiculous.

Comment

• How has he been mistreated?

He spent a few years out of the ring, come back and beat a few fighters nowhere near his level and then was lucky to get a decision v Kovalev. I don't think that's being mistreated when people point it out, they're just telling the truth.

Before his time out of the ring, he was very well respected and got a ton of plaudits.

Comment

yea...its beginning to rival shoulder gate

I'd never thought Id see when a guy like Andre ward is one of the most hated on a boxing forum ...and i was around since the early 2000s on here and east side boxing.....the Roy Jones era with the he fought nobody era, the may-pac saga, etc.

Never would have thought Ward would be one of the most disliked boxers around......lol its got to be deeper than him being "boring"
                  You know why Ward has suddenly become most hated, because he has defeated a ton of foreign guys, would be favored to beat GGG and got the decision against Kov when they said he wouldn't fight him.

When you see the diva stuff, headbutts, blah blah you know the real reason.

Comment

if you dont know the man personally, how can you judge his character?

what is it with boxing fans on this site judging an athletes character, morals,etc....he dont know yall and none of us know him lol

these low rent boxing forum psychologist kill me on this site.

Dudes been fighting since the 90s....of course he has thought about retirement but he wont be retiring this year...its simply not logical

not saying you do, but its obvious a good number want him to retire so they can have something to criticize him for because they are butthurt he won the 1st fight....also they arent sure kovalev can do better next time....its obvious
                    How was I judging his character? I was speaking on how it isn't what he is saying it is. That's not judgment that's me speaking of the observations I've made and how they contradict the type of person he says he is. It's called being inconsistent.

The funny thing is you can't even refute what I'm been saying as far as the things this guy has said. They guy says he isn't bothered by what others say but you can clearly tell from his interviews that he is bothered by what people have said since the Kovalev win. Heck Virgil hunter has even come out and said as much.

I have no problem if he wants to retire. He can do what he wants. Just don't think that you won't get criticized even more for it after having signed a contract saying you would give the man a rematch. He wants to be remembered as one of the best fighters but that will be a stain on his career if when he was faced with his toughest challenge and he won but it was close, he backed away instead of really clearing it up. Heck even fighters he says he admires like a Floyd Mayweather even rematched guys to show that he was better.

Comment

You know why Ward has suddenly become most hated, because he has defeated a ton of foreign guys, would be favored to beat GGG and got the decision against Kov when they said he wouldn't fight him.

When you see the diva stuff, headbutts, blah blah you know the real reason.
                      True valid points

UK fans were upset about Froch, Germans Abraham, Nordics Kessler, now Kovalev with Russia

Not a surprise majority of those insulting the guy or exaggerating on the outcome of the fight are either European or die hard fans of someone he beat

Kinda sad they live vicariously through the fighters and are emotionally invested in the outcome

Comment

Working...
                      X