Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Life goes on, Ward keeps crying like a woman that he is and this *** still quotes his own posts
    You said it! Never seen someone quote his own quotes like that?? It's pretty strange...Andre Ward is a crying little whiner, give the belts back and retire, good riddance, shows no humility whatsoever just predictable crying and whining so boring in the ring too. I guess last Nov.19 was his greatest achievement 1 question for all his ball lickers which 7 rounds did he win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      Originally posted by mathed View Post
      BWaHaahaHA!!

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        speaking of revising...kov won or at least should have won round 9, 10, and 12 and 11 could have gone either way. he faded late....really? just cause a lot of people say it doesnt make it true. he still landed the much better punches in those rounds.
        just like the same 5 posters and their alts keep screaming "robbery" when it was clearly a close fight decided by 2-3 rounds

repeating something 1,000,0000x doesnt make it more valid
        take heed of your own words bro.....

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          He got forced out of his division? GTFOH he wanted the money and the money was in another division, he made the choice to move up. I hate this whinny bullshhh.
          Yeah, you on it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I wouldn't put past Ward if he's saying he'll retire. We're talking about a guy that was satisfied with his career and said he didn't need to box again after he won the Super 6. Duva doesn't call the shots, but signing a contract with a rematch clause in it does. You either fight the rematch, or give up your belts.

The guy fought 3 times last year and said he'd like to remain active like that. No talk at all about anything related to retiring before the Kovalev fight(at least not anything I'd seen). Now because some people don't want to give him credit for the win he's whining about retirement and not being appreciated? C'mon Andre, for someone who says their faith is in God he sure does let what a lot of people say get to him. Perhaps his mental game isn't as strong as he let on
              .....what does religion have to do with this topic?

anyway....the fight will happen just like idiot posters pre-fight 1 were saying "andrea coward will fake an injury, he need 3 more tune ups doe, he will run, he will hug the whole time, fight wont happen"

it did go on and ward won.....its a lot of butthurt from the same posters in this thread

is this the first time you guys ever heard a fighter consider retirement? come on guys.....the timing is off, and he is write, he doesnt have to fight....he is 20+ years in.....who wouldnt be contemplating the conclusion

i just dont see 2017 ending without this fight happening...but their are a fairshare of those who hopes he retires...which is weird considering how adamant they are about fight 1 being a robbery lol....their is a big difference. they just want something to criticize the guy about...ray charles can see through them

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                BWaHaahaHA!!
                those gifs got me rollin'!!!!!

bwhahaahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  just like the same 5 posters and their alts keep screaming "robbery" when it was clearly a close fight decided by 2-3 rounds

repeating something 1,000,0000x doesnt make it more valid
                  take heed of your own words bro.....
                  it wasn't close though. i could understand in the heat of the moment thinking it was closer than it actually was but when you review it...yeah if you give every somewhat close round to ward i can see 5 rounds. 3,5,7,8,11. the others...no they just werent close. kov not only landed more but had the higher quality punches. that should be a round in the bank every time. when you win 3 out of the last 4 rounds clearly...how did you fade?

kov landed more in the 9th and landed 4 out of 5 of the best punches in the round. round 10 was a demolition. round 11 a swing roudn. round 12 he landed more and had ward hurt although ward landed some good shots himself. still thats a kov round. where is the fading???

Comment

• Building the case for backing out. Man, I really thought Ward would give him the rematch for sure. This is pretty disheartening.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      how am i trying to rewrite history...use your brain

kov has been on hbo building his name, brand and hype while ward was on the shelf

ward wasnt gonna get a deal if he fought at 168 so they gave him tune ups before fighting kov @ 175

HBO and casual fans love punchers, especially foreign ones.....Ward was the american, gold medallist with enough name recognition and clout to get Kov to the next level bro

dude was inactive and moving up to boot..HBO would have benefited more from kovalev win

come on....not that difficult to see as it played out
                      Ward has also built a name on hbo and was getting paid better. That was the big fight...not the ones at 168. I thought ward wanted big fights...now he's forced into them? Like i said, whether hbo would have benefited more or not, it was a pick em fight...not like hbo was banking on a kovalev win. This false persecution has to end...to most people it looked like kovalev won, is hbo supposed to ignore that? It helps hype the rematch too. Ward has made a nice living and has arguably been overpaid considering he's not a draw...the whole establishment trying to keep him down thing is a far stretch.

Comment

Working...
                      X