Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Ward Beat Kovalev, I Hope We Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Agreed 100%. Stevenson may be planning to take the less destructive guy on (Ward) instead of the most dangerous fight (Kovalev). Then, win or lose, he has one more big money fight with Kovalev before retiring.
    DONT BLAME STEVENSON FOR GOING FOR THE TITLE THAT KOV LOST..kov was teh one to puss to fight him! THE FACTS SAY IT SO FUK YOUR OPINION THAT U'LL OFFER UP!

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
      and Bute is even more popular even at this point.
      YEP..if he beats alvarez, stevenson and bute will put 20k in the seats..that would make ward kov look like a joke..and stevenson deserves it the way kov got to duck him and ppl accepted it..

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Adonis has some nice ko's. I still watch him but he has zero credibility and it's just a matter of time till he loses . I don't think he wanted any part of Kovalev either . Ima catch sh't for this but I figure Adonis saw Ward as more beatable than Kovalev so was more than a lil happy to hear the decision go to Ward . Which is probably also why he's now saying he believes Ward won .
        adonis didnt leave the purse bid or drop his title so why was his credibility bothered?
        stevenson ko'ing a lwh that was top 10 less than 2 years ago and now coming off 3 stoppage wins in fight of the year fashion and you say matter of time before he loses yet ward goes 12 with brand and ppl call him p4p number 1 hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I didn't say he pulled out of a fight lol. I said he keeps talking all these big names & then fights bs guys.

And to go further into details I'm definitely a guy who understands there are business checks & balances in the sport that are beyond a fighters control, but at some point you gotta f#cking do something vs a opponent people give a f#ck about you fighting & there are &/or have been more worthwhile opponents to fight on the PBC side of the tracks then the guys Stevenson has fought since Fonfara.
          well to put your detail in the fuggin bed understand that stevenson's 2014 is better than anything kov has done!

he cant help that kov/duva ducked a purse bid..wat u want him to smack that b1tch duva?? I SURE DO!

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            its funny how the champion who won the purse bid gets all the blame... The dirty russian gets all the praise for ducking the purse bid...... The double standards black champions have to go through in boxing are disgusting...
            HE DIDNT WIN IT..he was about to tho..he stayed in it and didnt drop his ttitle after all they mf's were saying he was going to..it didnt happen and sergey was like
            "but but but but i thought he was scared of me and just going to give me the title..pull me out kathy"

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              the facts say you are wrong..he ducked the bid then hbo/duva refused to work hand and hand with showtime to make the fight..
              he has a contract with hbo you tard he cant fight on showtime

Comment

well to put your detail in the fuggin bed understand that stevenson's 2014 is better than anything kov has done!
                This isn't a Kovalev vs Stevenson thing to me (granted it probably is a Kovalev vs Stevenson for most cats ****ting on one guy or the other). This is a Stevenson isn't fighting anyone lately thing. And its not 2014 anymore.

he cant help that kov/duva ducked a purse bid..wat u want him to smack that b1tch duva?? I SURE DO!
                Again this isn't about any particular fight not happening. Its about no interesting fights happening for Stevenson since Fonfara.

Stevenson keeps going for low hanging fruit instead of the best available contender. And thats not even a problem necessarily if it was a one time thing or every other fight thing like is all the rage among top boxers these days. Problem is Stevenson has been fighting bs fight after bs fight after bs fight. I watch boxing for entertainment not to see a talented guy fight also rans & Stevenson is a talented guy who I don't hate his chances vs anyone in the division, but all he fights lately are also ran mfers.

Comment

Lol Stevenson always puts a smile on my face, He's the comedic relief of the boxing world.

Comment

liars like you need to get off of here...kovalev ducked the purse bid and then hbo duckd working with showtime for kov's favor...
                    If you truly believe what you say you are more than a liar, you are a mythomane, or maybe you are just a member of the Stevenson's team??? Both Kovalev & Stevenson were with HBO then Stevenson signed with Showtime to avoid Kovalev

Mar 26, 2014 | Kevin Iole | Yahoo
                    "On Jan. 23, Kovalev promoter Kathy Duva of Main Events and Stevenson promoter Yvon Michel of GYM agreed via email to the terms and the revenue splits between them.

The next day, the two got on the telephone with Peter Nelson, the director of programming for HBO Sports, and the threesome agreed on the financial aspects of a deal. It would include Kovalev facing Cedric Agnew, a bout that will be held on HBO in Atlantic City on Saturday, and Stevenson meeting Andrzej Fonfara on May 24, with Stevenson and Kovalev then meeting in the fall.

It's at this point that the stories begin to differ. Michel said that he recommended that Stevenson take the deal HBO offered, but said Stevenson, who at the time was operating without a manager, declined. An attorney who was helping Stevenson at the time, Michel said, also recommended he accept.

Not long afterward, Stevenson hired Al Haymon, the high-powered manager with the ever-increasing stable. And it was from there that the deal to pit Stevenson and Kovalev crumbled."

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                      only scared cowards pull out of purse bids......
                      Kovalev fought Sillakh on a Stevenson doubleheader in Canada with the agreement they would fight next. It was Stevenson who jumped ship. And this resulted in a lawsuit that got dropped and resulted in Kovalev vs Hopkins.
                      This is before the WBC garbage YOU are referring to.

Comment

Working...
                      X