No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. in Talks For May 6 - at 165-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Another circus fight for Canelo. I wonder if he gets this fight and wins will he still be ranked so highly without fighting real competition at his weight
    But if GGG vs Chavez was made that wouldn't of been a circus? GGG camp been begging to fight Chavez for YEARS and as recent as a week ago. And Kell Brook fight wasn't a circus? That's why you fools look stupid. You lost any right to speak on this the moment GGG sold out after all that tough talk and criticism about other fighters and turned around and dragged a welterweight up 2 full weight classes for a joke fight. Mr I'm not a businessman. LMAO Difference is Canelo has never stood on a soap box and criticized someone else for making money fight decisions only to look like a butt hurt phony.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      It's like drag up welter from 147, drag down light heavy to 165, fight a bum at 154.

What happened to Canelo? He used to fight top opposition. He's not even fighting in a weight class anymore.

This fight should've happened when Chavez was still at 160 and on a winning streak.
      Schaefer and Haymon taking all Golden Boy's fighters ****ed them. All they have left is Alvarez, and it shows in the opponents he's fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solitario View Post
        This fight may very well generate more than Canelo-GGG, especially with a solid undercard, and I'm willing to bet Chavez wouldn't turn down a guaranteed $10M to get it done.
        Insiders from Mexico are reporting that Jr. has been offered 5 million, not a single dime more.

well he offered GGG the double of that and they still haven't been realistic about signing for the fight, smart move by Canelo in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          This does not help Canelo's marketability, fact is whether you like it or not Canelo's been fighting undersized opponents with little to no chance for some time and his ppv number have suffered because of it. With JCC Jr he's fighting an oversized opponent with little to no chance.

Don't get me wrong, this will no doubt be an action packed fight and will probably do good ppv numbers but i think even the Mexican fans are getting tired of Canelo not challenging himself.
          Of course it will help guaranteed they make a ton of money from this fight and it wil have big exposure.

So if Canelo fights small guys he's doomed, now he fights bigger guys and he's doomed too.

well, this would be Canelo's 5th weight class, and he would be jumping 11 pounds to fight probably the most durable 168 guy, don't tell me that is not challenging himself becauseat's a huge jump.

Comment

• GGG and Canelo make more of an effort to get Chavez Jr. in the ring then they do each other. I understand that this is a huge fight in Mexico and for Mexican Americans and it will generate huge money. I just hope it doesn't get made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
              Funny he can jump all the way up to 165 for benchwarmer/inctive Chavez Jr. but when it comes to GGG and jumping up to 160,, his body isnt ready and he's a jr. MW
              I agree with you on this, but let's be honest, there's an offer on the tablel and GGG hasn't signed his part yet.

Plus GGG has never moved from 160, Canelo started as a 140 pounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                irony:

the posters who are on suicide watch because Canelo could be fighting Chavez, are fans of a guy who just fought Wade and then Brook LMAO

oh lordie
                That's what's funny about this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                  I like poster defending this fight. It seems they like to see the best fight the best fight.

"Im not middleweight yet" - Canelo, not to fight GGG.

Willing to fight at 165 for Chavez jr.- Canelo

It doesnt matter if GGG doesnt get any of these two. If he fight Jacobs we true fans are greatful #1 vs # 2 Middleweights.
                  I'm telling you fight isn't signed as today and fight might not be happening, so if GGG vs Jacobs doesn't happen I really would like to see what the fans will say about Loeffer **** skillz to negotiate big fights.

Comment

• I'd love to see this backfire on Canelo and he receives an absolute beating. His credibility has long gone out the window, this is just icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      A contract for when? Canelo sent GGG a contract to fight next, or for September 2017?
                      Some of the dumbest mother****ers on the planet in here lol
                      The same Kov vs Ward got done. a contract is a contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X