No announcement yet.

The Fear of 13 documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Fear of 13 documentary

I took a shot in the dark with this pic/documentary. I hadn't heard of it and had no idea what it was about. All I can say is HOLY COW!. I'm watching it now and can't believe how intense it is.

I don't want to post a link to it but if you search putlocker...umm

Great watch...

Synopsis

Yarris tells his own story, in the style of a one man show. In a non-linear structure, his early life, youthful transgressions, arrest, and time on death row is revealed, with several twists and turns. No-one else appears on screen, but supplementary footage and sound effects are included as Yarris describes events.

The title refers to triskaidekaphobia, which is one of many words that Yarris learned while educating himself in prison.

Reception

The Fear of 13 premiered at the 2015 London Film Festival, where it was nominated for Best Documentary Film.[1] It had a positive reception; on the review-aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes the film has a 92% approval rating, based on 12 critics, with an average rating of 7.3/10.[2]

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I took a shot in the dark with this pic/documentary. I hadn't heard of it and had no idea what it was about. All I can say is HOLY COW!. I'm watching it now and can't believe how intense it is.

I don't want to post a link to it but if you search putlocker...umm

Great watch...

Synopsis

Yarris tells his own story, in the style of a one man show. In a non-linear structure, his early life, youthful transgressions, arrest, and time on death row is revealed, with several twists and turns. No-one else appears on screen, but supplementary footage and sound effects are included as Yarris describes events.

The title refers to triskaidekaphobia, which is one of many words that Yarris learned while educating himself in prison.

Reception

The Fear of 13 premiered at the 2015 London Film Festival, where it was nominated for Best Documentary Film.[1] It had a positive reception; on the review-aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes the film has a 92% approval rating, based on 12 critics, with an average rating of 7.3/10.[2]

Great story, I like the fragmented narrative and the fact it's done in monologue ... I try to imagine how much a man can come to appreciate life for all it is after going through something like this, when one is able to put all the bitterness behind. Very inspirational film.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      Great story, I like the fragmented narrative and the fact it's done in monologue ... I try to imagine how much a man can come to appreciate life for all it is after going through something like this, when one is able to put all the bitterness behind. Very inspirational film.
      It's a amazing how articulate he was...I had to check IMDb to be sure it was him and not an actor. He was so fluid in speech throughout the entire monologue and I though it must be scripted and an actor...but it was him. The film really blew my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        It's a amazing how articulate he was...I had to check IMDb to be sure it was him and not an actor. He was so fluid in speech throughout the entire monologue and I though it must be scripted and an actor...but it was him. The film really blew my mind.
        True.. he basically taught himself how to read and become articulate whilst incarcerated.

Comment

Working...
        X