No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in California.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    will banning guns stop crime or even lessen it?

doubtful.

there's more factors to it than just guns.

guns are probably the least reason tbh.

you know how i know?

there is one segment of society who are COMPLETELY BANNED from buying/owning guns.

JUVENILES.

yet 1/4 to 1/3 of murders and other violent crime are done by juveniles.
    There's difference between not being able to legally purchase guns and not being able to get them.

Even a blanket nationwide restriction would only affect future levels of gun ownership. It wouldn't affect the current levels of guns in circulation. Restrictions on sale or purchase is not the same thing as restricted availability. So just because a kid can't buy guns, or alcohol, or condoms, doesn't mean they can't get them.

But it probably does make it more difficult. And in the broader sense if you could reduce the number of mass shootings from one every day to one every two days (for example), then that's an argument it might be worth a try.

Ultimately though, dispossession would have to accompany restrictions on purchase if you wanted an immediate impact. Otherwise the number of guns in circulation means that there's a long lag between intervention and results.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      To defend their family and their property if need be. Self defense should be an inalienable right of every human being.

I'll also note that if a tyrannical government ever has to be overthrown by an oppressed people then the ownership of guns by the people makes it more possible.
      i remember when i was a kid in l.a.

the l.a. riots happened.

everyone went to buy guns for self defense and were shocked when they couldn't buy one. gun stores were closed and also waiting periods.

my uncles had huge gun collections and ppl were borrowing all their guns.

its better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        There's difference between not being able to legally purchase guns and not being able to get them.

Even a blanket nationwide restriction would only affect future levels of gun ownership. It wouldn't affect the current levels of guns in circulation. Restrictions on sale or purchase is not the same thing as restricted availability. So just because a kid can't buy guns, or alcohol, or condoms, doesn't mean they can't get them.

But it probably does make it more difficult. And in the broader sense if you could reduce the number of mass shootings from one every day to one every two days (for example), then that's an argument it might be worth a try.

Ultimately though, dispossession would have to accompany restrictions on purchase if you wanted an immediate impact. Otherwise the number of guns in circulation means that there's a long lag between intervention and results.
        exactly.

gun restriction would not stop gun availability.

glad you finally understand.

Comment

• Like I have said a million times, the gun debate is OVER. The pro gun people have won and nothing will be done to change this. We now live in a country where we will see more and more shootings and there's nothing that will be done.

BTW, this is the tip of the iceberg. You will soon see teams of people making attacks. 5,10,20 militants with full body armor, assault rifles attacking soft targets. The nutty militias, the people who hate the government, white supremacist groups etc... will soon be doing these things.

You can have all the guns you want, you can be strapped to the teeth and you will never stop this. We can just hope to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

NRA won a long time ago.

Comment

• i'm a have to get someone to do a straw purchase for me.

Comment

Don't tell!... How did you figure out?

... and I suspect that the "good guys" are after buying illegal weapons, right?... IN COMPARISON TO TERRORISTS AND GANGSTAS who always hold legal guns, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Like I have said a million times, the gun debate is OVER. The pro gun people have won and nothing will be done to change this. We now live in a country where we will see more and more shootings and there's nothing that will be done.

BTW, this is the tip of the iceberg. You will soon see teams of people making attacks. 5,10,20 militants with full body armor, assault rifles attacking soft targets. The nutty militias, the people who hate the government, white supremacist groups etc... will soon be doing these things.

You can have all the guns you want, you can be strapped to the teeth and you will never stop this. We can just hope to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

NRA won a long time ago.
                except shootings are down, crime is down.

been so for 2 decades.

eventually there will be a gun ban in us.

political trends in america are decades behind more liberal westeuro.

on the gun issue might be centuries.

maybe 50 yrs from now there will be a us gun ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
                  i'm a have to get someone to do a straw purchase for me.
                  yeah dc has some strict gun laws.

i think they even have bullet laws.

Comment

... forget the guns... What about the bombs here? The pipe bombs a.s.o.?
                    ... How long would it take for these "Farook type guys" to switch to bombs?

This wasn't a "mass shooting", it was a "mass murder"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      except shootings are down, crime is down.

been so for 2 decades.

eventually there will be a gun ban in us.

political trends in america are decades behind more liberal westeuro.

on the gun issue might be centuries.

maybe 50 yrs from now there will be a us gun ban.
                      We have gone over this before Tua and I proved you wrong then. Overall crime is down, but violent gun crime in cities in the U.S is up.

My point wasn't about crimes in general, it was about gun violence, and specifically mass shootings. It will never change, PERIOD.

If you are a politician in the U.S and you even mention some sort of gun control, you are done. It's political suicide. Even Bernie Sanders was pro gun in Vermont....lol

When you have tons of guns freely circulating in a society, you will have gun violence. Humans are emotional creatures, we are dictated by emotion and most gun crimes are emotional. People get mad, angry, feel disrespected and they pick up a gun.

In order for guns to be banned in the U.S it will take scrapping the Constitution....good luck with that. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X