No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    More significant than Haye? That was clearly his biggest fight.

The reason why I said it was because he's pulled Haye up recently as a guy on his record that would beat Fury. And he mentioned that Haye was very good and punched hard a couple of weeks ago.

Could just be because he's british.
    I think Wladimir and Vitali both have some respect for Haye in a way.

I remember Wlad's face was a little marked up after that fight and Vitali praising Haye as Wlad's best opponent saying "when did you last see my Brothers face look like that?". I also saw a picture of Vitali and Haye having dinner together either this year or last year.

I also think Wladimir was serious when he said Haye could beat Fury. I'm sure part of the reason he actually said it was to get to Fury due to his dislike of Haye, but he also seemed like he meant it.

To be fair, neither Wlad and Haye were that good during their fight. It's just Haye promised so much so he comes out looking the worst. Wlad was very wary of Haye all night and didn't do a lot himself, he did just enough to not lose the fight. If Haye had let his hands go just a couple of times in the rounds, you could quite easily have scored them for him because Wlad wasn't exactly doing much.

I think Wladimir is a smart guy and he knows Haye is a very good fighter, which he is. He does make people dislike him with all his cancellations and other things, but he can fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
      If you watch the 4th round of Klitschko vs Pulev, you'll notice Klitschko throwing (and landing) a , what seemed to be, hard straight right hand to Pulev's solar plexus.

I am certainly not an expert in bio-mechanics, but I guess those kind of punches take stamina and power from your opponent.
      But Klitschko doesn't throw body punches, not in the last ten years anyway ! What are you talking about ?

Fury is not going to be difficult to hit, he is a big dopey goof who has created this myth he is light of foot at the highest level, taking into account his best win was against Chisora hardly an opponent remarked for closing his opponents down with ruthless intensity, as someone else suggested Johnson is a walking punchbag, is Chisora anything different ?

Fury fans are in for an education come Saturday next week, they're going to be in awe if they really believe Fury is what they claim him to be, no doubt some will still be unconvinced by the champ but not to worry hey, they'll be able to put all their hopes onto another Brit who is due his turn soon enough, behold Antony Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
        I would disagree with most of the atributes you've given to Fury.. but the ones in Red jumpt at me the most....
        Fury has more power, better stamina, and defense without question. His hooks are also better because he throws more of them and throws effective combinations with 4-6 punches, not simplistic predictible hooks after 1-2's.

The star power stuff is a reach, but i'm a fan. He will be the face of boxing after he puts Wlad in a coffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Fury has more power, better stamina, and defense without question. His hooks are also better because he throws more of them and throws effective combinations with 4-6 punches, not simplistic predictible hooks after 1-2's.

The star power stuff is a reach, but i'm a fan. He will be the face of boxing after he puts Wlad in a coffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            I think Wladimir and Vitali both have some respect for Haye in a way.

I remember Wlad's face was a little marked up after that fight and Vitali praising Haye as Wlad's best opponent saying "when did you last see my Brothers face look like that?". I also saw a picture of Vitali and Haye having dinner together either this year or last year.

I also think Wladimir was serious when he said Haye could beat Fury. I'm sure part of the reason he actually said it was to get to Fury due to his dislike of Haye, but he also seemed like he meant it.

To be fair, neither Wlad and Haye were that good during their fight. It's just Haye promised so much so he comes out looking the worst. Wlad was very wary of Haye all night and didn't do a lot himself, he did just enough to not lose the fight. If Haye had let his hands go just a couple of times in the rounds, you could quite easily have scored them for him because Wlad wasn't exactly doing much.

I think Wladimir is a smart guy and he knows Haye is a very good fighter, which he is. He does make people dislike him with all his cancellations and other things, but he can fight.
            Over time you come to admire Haye for what he was, a ruthless business man with more skills than he will be remembered for, unfortunately because he chose to dance, dodge and flop as opposed to really leaving it all in the ring, I would very much have loved to have seen Haye go on and make a significant impact in the weight after his loss, unfortunately he will be remembered more for the Wlad fight over all else. His win over Valuev and Chisora were good victories not great but fun for what they were, the Chisora one especially. I admired the win over Valuev but was far from convinced at the time when all around were weeping semon from the end of their d1cks, I notice a good few of his fan base turned on him and are now firmly in the corner of Fury.

Life can be ironic at times.

Haye told Wlad after the fight it was all just business, I'm sure somewhere in their that was an apology if Wlad had ever in fact actually been offended. For me this is why Wlad now truly holds respect of Haye and how he refers to having made him a better person, jokingly, it is not as though he speaks of this but it is now clear he respects him also, he speaks exceptionally highly of him at times. Fury will be a better person after this fight too, and in time Wlad will likely come to respect him as he does Haye, Wlad understands none of this is personal and is all about the money. Only a moron would claim this as personal, unless he bizarrely needed to motivate himself further for a money spinning title fight which in victory would provide even bigger spoils.

Comment

• Some posters say that Wladimir Klitschko is less multidimensional than Fury. And he is.

I would however point out that he doesn't have only one kind of jab ; one-two; leading right hand ; left hook.

Klitschko has polished his skillset to a the degree of excellency. The way he carries out his punches is, indeed, a lot more multidimensional than what people think.

Don't bee fooled by his style. He doesn't commit until he feels the need to. The Pulev fight is an excellent example : he had a hard dealing with Pulev's jab and he set up a different gameplan just 30 seconds after the beginning of the fight ( and getting rocked by a hard counter 3/4jab-1/4 left hook) and battered Pulev.

Klitschko is more of an adapter than what you think.

I think that when fighting such an unorthodox as Fury is you should first break him down tactically not thinking about the angles he is giving you but you should think of him as a " body mass" that has breaches in its defense and then focus on the angles he is giving you in order to put your punches together.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                No not dangerous but very tricky.

Johnson had made it awkward for Vitali. Not winning a round in their fight, but it was an awkward kind of fight.

And Fury did a total number on him in every department.

So it was what it was, but he just showed me some good things in that fight.
                Tell me what he did that was awkward in the Vitali fight other than fought in a shell for 36 minutes. I listened to Klitschko detractors blast Vitali for that fight yet the Fury fight against him was a masterclass, Vitali beat him senseless to the point it was more one sided than the Briggs fight, only Johnson had the intelligence to use a guard of sorts.

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                I'm willing to bet all my points on Fury, if someone wants to match my bet or bet all their points, even if they have less.

Who wants some?!?!?!?
                I'll give you 10/1 odds. Sig it before I forget please, should make fight night that little bit more fun for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post

I'll give you 10/1 odds. Sig it before I forget please, should make fight night that little bit more fun for you
                  Will do my good man!

Comment

• Tyson "The Future of Boxing" Fury showcasing his slickness and high ring IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                      Some posters say that Wladimir Klitschko is less multidimensional than Fury. And he is.

I would however point out that he doesn't have only one kind of jab ; one-two; leading right hand ; left hook.

Klitschko has polished his skillset to a the degree of excellency. The way he carries out his punches is, indeed, a lot more multidimensional than what people think.

Don't bee fooled by his style. He doesn't commit until he feels the need to. The Pulev fight is an excellent example : he had a hard dealing with Pulev's jab and he set up a different gameplan just 30 seconds after the beginning of the fight ( and getting rocked by a hard counter 3/4jab-1/4 left hook) and battered Pulev.

Klitschko is more of an adapter than what you think.

I think that when fighting such an unorthodox as Fury is you should first break him down tactically not thinking about the angles he is giving you but you should think of him as a " body mass" that has breaches in its defense and then focus on the angles he is giving you in order to put your punches together.
                      Great post.

Food for thought there for the Fury fans. I do not believe a lot of these so called Fury fans genuinely know very much about the opponent Fury is to be standing across the ring from in a weeks time. I hear things like Poolev is a bum etc and Jennings is a carpenter and Leapai eats donuts for a living, yet all these guys brought an element of danger for one reason or another, likely no more so than Fury but all of these guys had either deservingly earned a title shot in one way or another and established themselves over other loftily ranked contenders/fringe contenders.

These so called boxing fans are truly underestimating the champion for one reason or another, whether that be blind hatred, blind patriotism, fanboy-ism, years of butt hurt, ache and strain or whatever reason they hold against the champ, it has been duly noted that clearly some of them hold it against the champ he has been as successful as any other in the last couple of decades in the very least.

You do not achieve what the champion has without being multidimensional, the impeccable bar he has set I do not believe will ever be surpassed.

Comment

Working...
                      X