No announcement yet.

Is Carl Froch underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is, yes.

I imagine it's because he was cocky before he had a single good win on his resume. Or the fact his style is so ugly and slow.

For that reason I HATED him up until he dominated Abraham. After that performance and last 5 performances you have no choice but to respect Carl Froch. Hate him or love him you have to respect him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      I can live with that. That little engine that could is gonna get derailed by Ward, though.
      He is, but he's a solid world class fighter. Ward is just better.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He is, yes.

I imagine it's because he was cocky before he had a single good win on his resume. Or the fact his style is so ugly and slow.

For that reason I HATED him up until he dominated Abraham. After that performance and last 5 performances you have no choice but to respect Carl Froch. Hate him or love him you have to respect him.
        Cant think for you but a win over AA will never change my mind about any fighter. I think thats aiming for the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Cant think for you but a win over AA will never change my mind about any fighter. I think thats aiming for the middle.
          Why is that?

You expected Froch to dominate pretty much every round?

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
            He is, but he's a solid world class fighter. Ward is just better.
            I've never disputed that he's world class. That's obvious. People just need to slow down a bit with his skills. If you just read a discussion about him, you would think he's Pernell Whitaker. I think Johnson will beat him, actually, I don't even think he's going to get the chance to fight Ward.

Comment

Why is that?

You expected Froch to dominate pretty much every round?
              Well Abe is definitely worst of the original super six. Even with the win over Taylor. He's only better than green if thats an indication of how big Froch's win is. AA is not a challenge anymore. He's a walking tune-up fight.

Depending on how Froch handles Johnson, I will reaccess my view of him.

Comment

I've never disputed that he's world class. That's obvious. People just need to slow down a bit with his skills. If you just read a discussion about him, you would think he's Pernell Whitaker. I think Johnson will beat him, actually, I don't even think he's going to get the chance to fight Ward.
                Disagree with Johnson beating him, but I don't think its out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Well Abe is definitely worst of the original super six. Even with the win over Taylor. He's only better than green if thats an indication of how big Froch's win is. AA is not a challenge anymore. He's a walking tune-up fight.

Depending on how Froch handles Johnson, I will reaccess my view of him.
                  I'm sorry but until post Froch, Abraham was seen as a serious threat in the competition. Prior to Dirrell he was seen as one of the favourites.

Froch deserves absolutely full credit for dominating like he did, especially considering almost no one expected him to do so.

Comment

After Froch beats him you will complain about how old Johnson was just like you do with Bhop and Roy. Im screencapping all of these idiotic posts you make and they will be sigged once Froch beats the he hell out of Johnson.

Comment

I'm sorry but until post Froch, Abraham was seen as a serious threat in the competition. Prior to Dirrell he was seen as one of the favourites.

Froch deserves absolutely full credit for dominating like he did, especially considering almost no one expected him to do so.
                      Not by me ever. I got a couple old posts that say what I thought of him 2yrs ago.

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
                      After Froch beats him you will complain about how old Johnson was just like you do with Bhop and Roy. Im screencapping all of these idiotic posts you make and they will be sigged once Froch beats the he hell out of Johnson.
                      Johnson is still a good measuring stick. I think we should be past using the "old" excuse for Glenn..

Comment

Working...
                      X