Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think this whole "hip hop is dead" movement relates to boxings "the heavyweight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGTYME View Post
    HAAAAAAAAAAA EXACTLY DAWG AND N!GGAS STAY HATING CUZ THERE NOT SELLING AND THE SOUTH IS

i think its comedy like a bunch of whiney *****'s.....

i know u see what im saying
    the south never whined,we just patiently waited our turn for the title and now that we have it "hiphop is dead"ahahaha.if its so dead why dont e.coast revive it,oops seems as if they cant.sooooooooooowwy

Comment

lmaoooo aww ur one of the guys who thinks u have to be from the east or "your not hip hop"

give me a break .... because some1 is from the south and raps about **** other than killing eachother doesnt mean there not hip hop

i mean *****z want to rap so much about killing i bet 1 out of 20 are actually killa's

"if all you rappers are killas which one of u *****s spitting is the casualties"

thats y new york cant sell right now all them got so big ego's and all beef with eachother and isolate themselves from the rest of the music industry with the same attitude that ur giving right now "i dont want to collab with that artist he defines "southern rap"

and *****s pick up on that hate and dont want to buy that ****.... so all the other regions let new york beef like crazy on mixtapes cds ext just not selling anything and other coasts are collabing with eachother..... haa imma b real since u came out so blunt with the 'southern rap' statement.....

lol ppl stay hating on the south but there getting paid, never said u have to like southern hip hop but i bet u just hate on a artist bc he is from the south r sounds like hes from the south...

sales mean everything 2 btw....

when everyone says "i dont care what my favorite artist sells" they better start caring....

bc sales mean EVERYTHING esp when ur signed to a record label... it pretty much determines when ur next album is droping... like meth i bet he doesnt put out another cd for 3 or 4 years after this flop.......

this is real talk

do all soul brothers know how to rap??

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
        the south never whined,we just patiently waited our turn for the title and now that we have it "hiphop is dead"ahahaha.if its so dead why dont e.coast revive it,oops seems as if they cant.sooooooooooowwy
        exactly......

Comment

lmaooooooo EVERYONE in the south is selling tho.......

even *****z with there 1st cd like young joc going plat....

take a look at the A and take a look at htwon i dont have 2 say anynames...

pick out 90% of the artist that droped a cd from there this year and they sold good

just bc method man went soda pop doesnt mean *****s should blame it on there label... the artist has to work had to promote to....... all method did 2 promote i saw was go on "wild n out" and that was WAY be4 the cd came out.... he has to take his time to get his music out

i blame method his record label (def jam) i blame every1... i mean take a look at def jame now... they were talking about kicking method off the label def jam a "east coast" label pretty much has now turned into "def jam south" no1 besides them are selling
          Yeah that's definitely true. A lot of these artists expect to spend zero money and still sell and MEF is one of them. Did he even have a video out? I never saw any of his **** if I didn't belong to this forum I never would of knew he even put out an album (he put out a pretty damn good effort, too) but most of these artists don't get their grind on and do what they have to do (constant shows, interviews, TV appearances) to get the buzz around them.

Comment

only reason ppl sayin hiphop is dead is cause the south is up and e.coast aint nowhere to be found
            say playa....thats was well put....but not only is the east outta there, so is the mid-west, and once snoop and game calls it a career so will the west........THE SOUTH STILL HOLDIN....

Comment

The South got on the map from talents like Scarface/Geto Boys, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Eightball and MJG etc., making good music. The South's domination of MTV/BET/Radio has been maintaining with more and more repetitive material, so that's probably why a lot of people hate on the South. The South is so popular right now, so an abundance of hip hop fans in the South try to become a rap star on T.V., and in an effort to get that exposure, they make songs that are very similar to what's considered ''popular on the radio". In a direct result from this attempt at stardom, it limits a lot of the potential that an artist might possess, because they want to keep with the trend of the present, they may not try to make something new and creative. It can potentially constrict creativity. So that's probably why a lot of people say "hip hop is dead", and many of them may only pay attention to the radio, or t.v., and think that's all that hip hop has to offer as a musical genre. So to hate on the South is pointless, as is saying "hip hop is dead".

www.hiphopsite.com
              Last edited by MetalVomit; 10-17-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hip hop isn't dead but it will be in less then a decade if it keeps going at the rate it is going right now. With the **** that is really popular right now (most of it sounding the same) if it keeps going like this then hip hop will be dead. Nah mean?

Comment

Look at music in general...
                  Chris Brown is no Marvin Gaye.
                  Young Joc is no Scarface.
                  50 Cent is no 2Pac.
                  Chamillionaire is no Biggie
                  Field Mob is no Mobb Deep (prime).

The list can go on and on.

Comment

"In a direct result from this attempt at stardom, it limits a lot of the potential that an artist might possess, because they want to keep with the trend of the present, they may not try to make something new and creative. It can potentially constrict creativity."

Now this is a very good point...you got gansta rappers trying to lean & rock wit it...ahell look at 50...he is damn near all about the club scene now..Their are very few rappers that are sticking to what has made them rich...hip hop is addictive...one on the realest things you will ever hear is that the GUYS are going to love any type of music the LADIES do.....if that wasnt the case, you would have all these dude ***** popping and **** like that...

Comment

East>South

Just in case you forgot

Nas or Jadakiss>any rapper from the South

Comment

Working...
                      X