Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Leo Santa Cruz the featherweight Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's more skilled than Margarito.

Comment

He has more skill than Margs, he looked great in this fight. The only thing they have in common is chin and I guess work rate. Leo's a better overall fighter though. I didn't used to like him because he never challenged himself but he made a fan last night. He showed a lot of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        It's a pretty dated comparison, people have always said that.

He seems to have a little more boxing skill than Margarito but he's nowhere near as exciting.
        You mean he doesn't block shots with his face.

Comment

No............. it's a poor comparison never really got it

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            NO, LSC has better defense when he deliver his punches and actually has technic. Unfair comparison just because he is a volume puncher
            He doesn't hit as hard as Margarito and we don't know if he has a chin like Margarito either which makes the comparison even less.

Comment

Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                You mean he doesn't block shots with his face.
                I just find him extremely boring to watch, it's not about blocking shots with his face.

Comment

Very similar style . High volume punching used his leverage for power and gas a solid chin. Leo seems to use his height better compared to margs who was tall but faught short

Comment

Not even close. His defense is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Macheato's and I was impressed by the technical ability he showed yesterday. Margarito and technical don't even belong in the same sentence(Although he's good at rolling with the punch which you MUST have if you take punches like he does).

Comment

Lol!!! Although a cheat, Margarito was one tough SOB... Mares although connecting seemed to have no power behind the punches and couldn't figure out how to work to the inside and work properly in the inside.. In my view the fight was 50% entertaining and 50% sloppy ugly boxing from the inside

Comment

Working...
                      X