No announcement yet.

Enough is Enough Rigo, Ward and GGG Need to Move Up or Shut Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough is Enough Rigo, Ward and GGG Need to Move Up or Shut Up

Especially if people want to annoint them the next generation of pound for pound kings.

The number one argument defending them is "What about Hagler". Well the super middleweight division inaugurated in the early 80s late in Haglers reign. The closest division was light heavy which would have been a massive jump.

Mayweather and Pac regularly beat guys with 15 pound weight advantages. It's time for these fighters to do the same.

Ward, yes, but I would like Rigo and GGG to clean up their respective divisions before moving up.

Comment

I have no problem with anyone who thinks this, but I'm not holding any of these three to that much of an ATG standard.

I'm sure Ward and Golovkin will move up, and soon. Golovkin has expressed interest, but only in big names.
      Last edited by bojangles1987; 03-13-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Ward has plenty to fight at 168 he just needs to get back in ring

GGG needs to move up where all the big fights are (168) and stop wasting time in the MW wasteland.

Rigo is stuck but i hope he gets fights soon. Shame

Comment

Rigo would be at a major size disadvantage at 126, I don't think it's even fair. The other two I agree.

Comment

No one is ever obligated to move up or down in weight, especially grown men.

It's also a bit different when teenagers are fighting at 130 or whatever and still growing as they age and naturally move up in weight. Golovkin came from lower weight classes too it's just he was still an amateur. At 18 he was 140 pounds for example. GGG is fully grown, he's 32 years old. If his goals are to unify 160, then so be it. 168 isn't going anywhere there is no immediate rush. If there is a big fight at 168 like Chavez, Froch, & Ward I'm sure they'll take it.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 03-13-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Rigo would be at a major size disadvantage at 126, I don't think it's even fair. The other two I agree.
              I agree with that but boxing isn't fair. He's too good for his own good and he won't get any competitive fights at 122. The first step to getting on TV again and maximizing his earning potential is to move up.

Comment

Umm those rules don't apply to Ward.

He's allowed to stay in a weight class he cleaned out and fight the likes of Edwin Rodriguez, and have his opponents either come up in weight or down in weight to fight him.

With GGG he has to move up, even though he hasn't cleaned out his division yet.

Rigo is just too small for 126 though. Even though I think he can beat those fighters, there's a big size difference especially considering that a lot of them cut from 140.

Comment

Ward?

He's one of the most accomplished fighters in boxing.

27-0
                  Super 6 Champion
                  Former 168 Ring champion
                  Former 168 WBC champion
                  168 WBA champion
                  Notable wins: Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Bika, Dawson, Rodriguez, Miranda, Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Ward has plenty to fight at 168 he just needs to get back in ring

GGG needs to move up where all the big fights are (168) and stop wasting time in the MW wasteland.

Rigo is stuck but i hope he gets fights soon. Shame

Comment

Working...
                    X